Domi and Jd Beck

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
I understand your point of view, but if you watched the last video i posted (the one on the post you quoted) you can clearly notice they are not playing some machine-generated sounds, they have more than just one style....maybe it's something you don't like it anyway, but they can pretty much play everything.
That's my point, really: Yes, THEY play it, but their playing is based on what machines do. It's a style and technique based on techno, electronica, etc. I know that there are a lot of people doing this now, "hybrid" drummers.

E.L.

Reaction score
Are you surprised there are other people who like Jd Beck? Relax little kid, if you have nothing to say skip the thread already.

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Are you surprised there are other people who like Jd Beck? Relax little kid, if you have nothing to say skip the thread already.
Little kid. Come say that to my face.

Clown.

And you proved my point with how you behave yourself on the fora in regards to Beck and found my reply saying enough the get pissed about and throw insults.

Again.

Clown.

E.L.

Reaction score
Little kid. Come say that to my face.

Clown.

And you proved my point with how you behave yourself on the fora in regards to Beck and found my reply saying enough the get pissed about and throw insults.

Again.

Clown.
Do you understand english, little kid? I didn't insult you i just said that you can skip the thread if you are not interested, there's no reason to be so salty.
Now go back to the kindergarden with your peers, playtime is over.

E.L.

Reaction score
That's my point, really: Yes, THEY play it, but their playing is based on what machines do. It's a style and technique based on techno, electronica, etc. I know that there are a lot of people doing this now, "hybrid" drummers.
If by techno you mean techno music, i disagree. One of his styles is definitely based on electronica, but if you pay attention in that last clip he's playing funk (not everything that's played fast is equivalent to emulating a drum machine).
The whole drum community is acknowledging one thing: Jd Beck is pushing the boundaries of drumming (like him or not).

jkuhl

Reaction score
They are BAAAADDDDD cats. Their collab with Grande and Thundercat was one of the most out-of-left-field things I'd seen in a while, but it's SO good:

Maybe my favorite Thundercat song, dude is so freaking talented its not fair. Maybe Ariana will use her powers for good now hahaha.

E.L.

Reaction score
I did what?

Oh boy, you are so delusional and full of yourself.

I am glad the mods here know the truth.
That you make death threats via pm and cry when somebody reply in the same way?