Like you, I can do without
"The Stroke".
...If you are unfamiliar with the whole album
-even if you know it like me-
turn these way up...

Doof

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, I forgot about What Do You Want From Me. I haven’t heard that in over 20 years. Thanks for posting that.

I saw him and Nazareth on a co-headlining tour back in the 80’s. It was his turn to headline in Detroit at Cobo Arena. He was incredibly entertaining. Thankfully that night was recorded professionally and can be found on YouTube.

Too bad his star fell pretty quickly. Underrated IMO.

Trey Gray

Pro
Reaction score
Wow, I forgot about What Do You Want From Me. I haven’t heard that in over 20 years. Thanks for posting that.

I saw him and Nazareth on a co-headlining tour back in the 80’s. It was his turn to headline in Detroit at Cobo Arena. He was incredibly entertaining. Thankfully that night was recorded professionally and can be found on YouTube.

Too bad his star fell pretty quickly. Underrated IMO.
Doof, that was my very first concert...right down the road in South Bend IN at the Notre Dame ACC......was killer!!!!! Thanks for posting.

Cheers and blessings, Trey

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I grew up in the same town as him (Wellesley, MA) he was older so I didnt know him, but did see him open for Queen in 1981
Quite good.....and loud had some serious hits.

Doof

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Doof, that was my very first concert...right down the road in South Bend IN at the Notre Dame ACC......was killer!!!!! Thanks for posting.

Cheers and blessings, Trey
If you want to reminisce Trey, here’s the show I attended:

drumstuff66

Reaction score
Thanks for posting these! As a child of the 80's I'm a huge fan...Always thought his drummer, the late Bobby Chouinard (also a Massachusetts native, died at age 43), was underrated as well. I believe he was with Squire from the beginning until his passing.

As mentioned, a big Zep/Bonham vibe - and his feel, sound and parts were great - perfect for what Billy Squire was going for IMO..

I remember being in the basement learning the drum breaks in "Lonely Is The Night" - great "riff rock" breaks IMO and just challenging enough given my inexperience at the time...and wasn't there another tune where BC got a 2 or 4 bar break? Eh, the memory's goin' just like they said it would....

Thanks again for the tunes...

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bobby Chouinard was a powerhouse drummer.

That pink Ludwig kit back in the day when everyone used Ludwig.

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Freddie Mercury and
Roger Taylor sang on
this LP
They didn't sing on this one...

Last edited:

Latest posts