header.nohb.html

DONT SELL IF U WONT SHIP!!!

McLovin’ me Ludwigs

Reaction score
Any one else ever have issues with someone Who you engage in conversation on lets say ….reverb, they ad a set for sale local pickup only.
You find out they have many sets snd begin the dance and find out “I’m not going to start researching shipping next. The set is not for sale”

Attachments

• 16F5B3F6-E845-4E56-8B61-B038C3342F72.jpeg
    16F5B3F6-E845-4E56-8B61-B038C3342F72.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited by a moderator:

McLovin’ me Ludwigs

Reaction score
Nah. That was his first kit.
He showed me two others.
I sat on it a while. Re engaged.
Discussed prices.
He asked pick up or shipping.
Told him to research shipping, get back to me.
And you saw his response-verbatim.
Im just pouting. Lol

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nah. That was his first kit.
He showed me two others.
I sat on it a while. Re engaged.
Discussed prices.
He asked pick up or shipping.
Told him to research shipping, get back to me.
And you saw his response-verbatim.
Im just pouting. Lol

Florida has plenty of kits for sale all the time. Good shopping grounds. I see Florida Reverb sellers all the time.

You're only about 20 miles from one of the most active vintage drum buyers/resellers in the country out of Hollywood, FL. Utilize them.
Tell 'em what you need and they'll find it at a fair price too. They get a new vintage Ludwig, Gretsch, Rogers, Slingerland kit several times a month.
Why bother with shipping? Their prices seem to be quite fair....and their kit listings don't usually last beyond 1-3 days....often to out of state buyers who are paying for shipping again.

I'm not a fan of shipping kits either if I can find a buyer in the region and save them that expense.

Last edited:

McLovin’ me Ludwigs

Reaction score
Florida has plenty of kits for sale all the time. Good shopping grounds. I see Florida Reverb sellers all the time.

You're only about 20 miles from one of the most active vintage drum buyers/resellers in the country out of Hollywood, FL. Utilize them.
Tell 'em what you need and they'll find it at a fair price too. They get a new vintage Ludwig, Gretsch, Rogers, Slingerland kit several times a month.
Why bother with shipping? Their prices seem to be quite fair....and their kit listings don't usually last beyond 1-3 days....often to out of state buyers who are paying for shipping again.

I'm not a fan of shipping kits either if I can find a buyer in the region and save them that expense.
Ah yes, Resurrection drums!
Hallandale florida.
Know it well.
I will go this week!
Ty brother!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s one thing to list as pickup only (or drive to meet), it’s another thing to lead someone on with the possibility of shipping and then pull the rug out. That sounds like it may have happened here.

Part of me gets it — I’ve shipped a few sets over the last couple years, and it’s a hassle. Hard to get correct size boxes, buying or sourcing lots of packing materials, the costs going up all the time. I would love to not have to ship another whole set, but I doubt I’ve sent my last, because the local market isn’t enough.

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not Resurrection Drums out of Hallendale, FL......but Romanelli Studios out of Hollywood, FL. (Nick Romanelli's Drums). He has a full service recording studio too.

So you have 2 near you..........even better. I suspect these 2 outfits work together at times.

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Shipped a few sets back in the day...

Last kit I shipped was a really cool vintage Ludwig 3 piece set with a 22" bass. I got them all nested, had to remove a few parts etc, then got the whole deal all tucked into a big ol' box real nice and neat. Took all of the morning and most of the afternoon.

The kit had to go USPS so I hand-trucked that big ol' box into the local PO just before closing. Clerk behind the counter measures the box, sez "sorry, one inch too big dimensionally".

I hand trucked the giant box back to the street, knocking over a little old lady and running over a small dog on the way out, loaded giant "one inch too big" box back into truck, took 'em home and completely re-boxed the kit to fit the next day. Back to the PO and off they went. It took two days and many many hours.

I will NEVER EVER ship a drum set again. If I cannot sell them locally here in Arizona, I will keep' em or give 'em away.