header.nohb.html

DONT SELL IF U WONT SHIP!!!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Yeah, me too. I shipped a cool C&C kit and FedEx ruined the bass drum. Denied my claim and appeals. $1600. DONE!

I'd rather deliver it if it's on the west coast or sell a kit to my local drum shop.

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
I only ship a kit if its the last option.

Its about an hour work for me and the high ship prices make shipping for the buyer not interesting anymore annyway.

All the kits shipped to me the last 20 years, from over the world (including a heavy af 6 piece DW collectors from the other side) have so far all arrived unscathered.

Last edited:

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Yeah, me too. I shipped a cool C&C kit and FedEx ruined the bass drum. Denied my claim and appeals. $1600. DONE!

I'd rather deliver it if it's on the west coast or sell a kit to my local drum shop.
That's the main reason why I will not ship a kit. I have had too many arrive damaged. The one kit I have for sale here I will work out local meeting, but will not ship for that very reason. Besides I want the buyer to actually inspect and play the kit to be sure that is what they want.

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Try living overseas. Some guys won't even ship a cymbal ....
I feel you. I'm only over the border in Canada & that's enough to discourage a certain percentage of sellers from shipping. Southeast Asia ain't exactly in most folks backyard.

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Shipping drums is such a headache. You wanting him to ship TWO bass drums sounds like even more of a pain.

Furious Styles

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Eh, to me the compromise is to have them bring it to a drum store where it can be shipped properly and they have the materials. Whatever small price that costs to do is shared by the buyer and seller and everyone gets what they want.
Exactly. I had a one-and-done experience shipping a kit and now this is the only way to go for me.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Eh, to me the compromise is to have them bring it to a drum store where it can be shipped properly and they have the materials. Whatever small price that costs to do is shared by the buyer and seller and everyone gets what they want.
That's assuming that (1) there is a local drum store, and (2) they will provide that service.

Rick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just went through this selling a kit. I started out on Reverb trying to sell it "local pickup only." After about 6 months of no luck with that, I finally decided I would have to be willing to ship if I were going to sell it. I had done this once before and swore never again... but oh well. Long story short, it didn't take long for the kit to sell. I had to lower the price of the kit to below what it was worth because of the cost of the shipping (which the buyer was paying). Otherwise, he would have been better off buying a new one from one of the online retailers that does free shipping. Took me right at 2 hours to pack it all up. By the time I figure boxes, packing materials, and actual shipping cost, I slightly overestimated the cost and ended up making a little bit of money on the shipping. Although that doesn't account for my time... so actually I guess I lost money on it. lol Yeah, shipping a kit is a PITA.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shipped out two sets over the last few weeks.
One was an old Tama Superstar ('70s);
24, 13, 14, 15, 18 floor. Just drums and one Tama double tom mount. Shipped in two boxes via UPS through PayPal/Shipstation. From NH to Washington state. Cost about $160, plus $18 for two boxes, plus packing materials.
The other was a modern Tama Superstar Classic 22, 8,10, 12, 14 FT, 16 FT.
Also shipped in two boxes from NH to St. Louis (UPS through paypal/ship station). Shipping was $101 plus materials.
Each took about 2-3 hours to pack including disassembly.
If I hadn't shipped many sets, most smaller, previously, each of these would have taken much longer and cost much more to ship.
However, both sets were listed all over the place, and were available to pick up in the Boston metro area, and I had only tire kickers inquire about them...allowing shipping had them sold in a matter of days.
BTW, ship station through PayPal is incredibly cheap. I see folks charging $40 or more to ship a cymbal or snare, but it doesn't cost nearly that much in most cases.
And contrary to what folks say, shipping prices haven't gone up in recent months. Fedex and ups raised their rates at the beginning of the year, but haven't since then.

McLovin’ me Ludwigs

Reaction score
Members of this great forum.
I retract my whiny complaint yesterday.
The man has apologized and explained exactly why he will not take payments and prefers cash and a handshake.
I respect him and his reasoning.
As do i respect all of you, and your reasons for things.
I understand now.

“Give a man a fish, he’ll eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish, he’ll eat for a life time”

covinasurf

Reaction score
Spent over 2 hours today trying to pack up my 6 piece Pacific LX kit for shipping. Had 2 bass drum boxes and it wouldn’t fit. Have to take the rack tom mounts off (4 lug removal) to nest them in the floor toms. Still not enough room. I have it listed at 550 and the shipping is going to be around 200 bucks once it get it all in boxes. Drag.

JH

McLovin’ me Ludwigs

Reaction score
Not Resurrection Drums out of Hallendale, FL......but Romanelli Studios out of Hollywood, FL. (Nick Romanelli's Drums). He has a full service recording studio too.

So you have 2 near you..........even better. I suspect these 2 outfits work together at times.
Was not aware of romanellis drums. Ty!

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I get it though. I’ve come across dream kits on Reverb and see no shipping and sigh. It’s all good fun.

cashmanbashman

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Rob was being facetious, but there is a ring of truth to it. There are some abysmally stupid people here. There are some smart ones too, but I think the stupid ones are the majority.

The stupid ones are what makes it fun. I live in South Dakota and we have our fair share of goofy. People are nice and mostly intelligent but we have goofy in spades. I love the Hutterites and Amish who reside here most. I appreciate anything that is different.