Double bass pedals

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I got lucky because they had the discontinued model available and those were blue like my drums. It was the last one that the manufacturer had in stock. And they were $289. Now they only have the latest version which is like $400. But after trying it, I'd pay $600 if I have to. It's not just that it works for me, it's the quality of the product. I'm sure they will last long. Hope you find one!
I payed over 300 for a throne top 8n hopes it would help.
Unfortunately it didn't. It I'm balanced with my core these would be worth the $.
You said Camco?

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I payed over 300 for a throne top 8n hopes it would help.
Unfortunately it didn't. It I'm balanced with my core these would be worth the $.
You said Camco?
Is this post for me? I'm talking about the offset not Camco. I know someone else posted about Camco in your thread.

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
I can vouch for the Trick or Axis. Both have slack free universals and are very well made and responsive. After those, I'me pretty spoiled.

I like the DW 9000 series as well, although I've never owned one. I've heard good things about Pearls Demon series, but I have no experience with them.

I have an Offset that is excess to my needs, if someone would like to own it. PM .....

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is this post for me? I'm talking about the offset not Camco. I know someone else posted about Camco in your thread.
Yeah, I think I mixed 2 posts.
Who makes the offset, and what model would you recommend?
I just spent about 20 min getting readjusted to two pedals. I haven't played with 2 pedals in longer than I care to stare. Just started off playing subdivisions up to 16th note trips
Nothing crazy, just seeing real basic stuff. Going to a longboard with my R foot felt a bit weak. I guess it's to be expected when going to new pedals.
Still going in, and out of the sweet spots.
I did notice when I'm using 2 pedals I'm not leaning one way or another. I feel pretty centered.
Eh, like I said. I'll give em a month. If I don't feel comfortable with em by then, I'll go for the offsets.
IROD, you didn't mention Gibraltar, and Camco's? I should have went back, and got it straight.
I will say, for the $, I don't see pedals feeling, or made as well as these.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I mixed 2 posts.
Who makes the offset, and what model would you recommend?
I just spent about 20 min getting readjusted to two pedals. I haven't played with 2 pedals in longer than I care to stare. Just started off playing subdivisions up to 16th note trips
Nothing crazy, just seeing real basic stuff. Going to a longboard with my R foot felt a bit weak. I guess it's to be expected when going to new pedals.
Still going in, and out of the sweet spots.
I did notice when I'm using 2 pedals I'm not leaning one way or another. I feel pretty centered.
Eh, like I said. I'll give em a month. If I don't feel comfortable with em by then, I'll go for the offsets.
IROD, you didn't mention Gibraltar, and Camco's? I should have went back, and got it straight.
I will say, for the $, I don't see pedals feeling, or made as well as these.
The Offset is made by Offset. That's the name of the company. The model is the Eclipse. They only have 1 model. Go here to see them and read about them:
https://offsetpedal.com/
The Gibraltar/Camco wasn't me, that was somebody else posting above. What I can say about Gibraltar is that the double pedal I replaced with the Offset was a Gibraltar. I had the 6711DB and it was well built and all and did it's job but it was a standard double pedal which I no longer wanted. Oh and all my hardware is Gibraltar, they do make good solid stuff.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Offset is made by Offset. That's the name of the company. The model is the Eclipse. They only have 1 model. Go here to see them and read about them:
The Gibraltar/Camco wasn't me, that was somebody else posting above. What I can say about Gibraltar is that the double pedal I replaced with the Offset was a Gibraltar. I had the 6711DB and it was well built and all and did it's job but it was a standard double pedal which I no longer wanted. Oh and all my hardware is Gibraltar, they do make good solid stuff.
I don't like to buy gear with money I didn't earn playing music. In this case I'll have to make an exception.
Do you feel that much more balance? I definitely felt more balanced playing double pedals, but still have trouble getting around after.
Well, Wed I'm going to get my cat scanned. Hopefully everything is healing right, and I'm just suffering post op pain. If this the case, I'll get em Thursday.
I guess I'll know by the end of the week. I gotta say, for budget prices pedals they feel better than the DW 9000's, and it's not even close (I also didn't adjust it, so I guess that's not fair)

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't like to buy gear with money I didn't earn playing music. In this case I'll have to make an exception.
Do you feel that much more balance? I definitely felt more balanced playing double pedals, but still have trouble getting around after.
Well, Wed I'm going to get my cat scanned. Hopefully everything is healing right, and I'm just suffering post op pain. If this the case, I'll get em Thursday.
I guess I'll know by the end of the week. I gotta say, for budget prices pedals they feel better than the DW 9000's, and it's not even close (I also didn't adjust it, so I guess that's not fair)
I do feel more balanced but remember I used to play doubles. And like I said before, the regular double pedals had my body twisted. Now it's looking straight forward with everything centered. I don't want you to use my example though because I don't want to be that guy that you feel convinced you and then you aren't happy. Also it's a "I've never seen it or touched it online purchase". So I don't know!
Oh and remember, the fact that offset pedals are centered, you need to center your kit so I don;t know if that's a plus or negative for you. For me to center everything, I had to make more room for the kit in the center where I sit and to my right.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I do feel more balanced but remember I used to play doubles. And like I said before, the regular double pedals had my body twisted. Now it's looking straight forward with everything centered. I don't want you to use my example though because I don't want to be that guy that you feel convinced you and then you aren't happy. Also it's a "I've never seen it or touched it online purchase". So I don't know!
Oh and remember, the fact that offset pedals are centered, you need to center your kit so I don;t know if that's a plus or negative for you. For me to center everything, I had to make more room for the kit in the center where I sit and to my right.
I'm sure I can find em in Manhattan.
Also I was thinking how much easier it will be with hi hat placement. One of the reason I stopped playing double pedals was I could never get my hats comfortable. I'm uncomfortable reaching (I'm a lazy drummer)
The placement alone makes it worth it. Being centered, and balanced Is icing on the cake.
I've got some cymbals in great shape I'll get rid of.
Adjusting to not hitting anything directly might take a min, but all new pedals fo for me

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm sure I can find em in Manhattan.
Also I was thinking how much easier it will be with hi hat placement. One of the reason I stopped playing double pedals was I could never get my hats comfortable. I'm uncomfortable reaching (I'm a lazy drummer)
The placement alone makes it worth it. Being centered, and balanced Is icing on the cake.
I've got some cymbals in great shape I'll get rid of.
Adjusting to not hitting anything directly might take a min, but all new pedals fo for me
Cool! When you do it let me know how it goes.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I use the Offset pedal. Super high quality! It's overbuilt like a tank. If you want to be centered on your kit and truly feel like if you had 2 bass drums, the offset does it! To me standard double pedals feel unnatural, the offset feels like if you truly had 2 bass drums and you sit as such. And if you like longboards, these are oversized.
I will never go back to a regular double pedal again. I was sceptical when I bought it until I tried it. It's truly remarkable.
View attachment 389773 View attachment 389774 View attachment 389775 View attachment 389776
The Offset is very interesting and I was seriously thinking of getting one BUT, I prefer my floor tom real snug to the bass drum. You can't do that with the pedal there, correct? If so, did you just adjust and get used to it. Also, my EAD10 may be affected because my FT is now a few inches farther to the right... Correct? Also, I'm not sure the Offset would work that well in a one up/one down situation. Thoughts?

Thanks

CaptureJM2.JPG

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure this is the model you reccomend
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/OffsetPdl--offset-double-bass-drum-pedal?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=3248788590&rkg_id=0&product_id=OffsetPdl&campaigntype=shopping&campaign=aaShopping - Core - Drums & Percussion&adgroup=Drums & Percussion - Drum Hardware&placement=google&adpos=1o1&creative=203982059425&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsZ3kBRCnARIsAIuAV_ShRI42jXM3MWdOquuvSSgJqENalWvON3gSbvQJsmaDOvZTzMaQmX0aAueqEALw_wcB
Yep that's the one. That's the latest and only model. If you are considering Sweetwater, I'm sure you already know this but call them to see if they can work down the price if you choose to buy it.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The Offset is very interesting and I was seriously thinking of getting one BUT, I prefer my floor tom real snug to the bass drum. You can't do that with the pedal there, correct? If so, did you just adjust and get used to it. Also, my EAD10 may be affected because my FT is now a few inches farther to the right... Correct? Also, I'm not sure the Offset would work that well in a one up/one down situation. Thoughts?

Thanks

View attachment 390126
I have 2 FT's, my 14" is practically pegged to my thigh so I like it close as well. I really had no issue with this. The drive rods are adjustable so you would just put them closer together on the right pedal. The pedals include the standard length drive rods but I do know that off you order directly from offset, they have an option for shirt drive rods. Those allow and even tighter setup. Go to the website and email them. I can't remember the guys name but I'm sure he's the owner and he's a nice guy. He will answer all your questions. About the EAD10, I don't know. I don't have one but I've read that the mic on it has its limits in terms of distance. I don't see as a standard setup as you have with not many pieces how it would affect you. But I've been know to be wrong more than once! Lol!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
SweetWater will let you haggle over the price? Really???
I'm assuming they should since I do it all the time with Musicians Friend. I call the same guy always at MF and as long as something is not already on sale, they give a better price. Sweetwater is one of their competitors so I figure they should do the same thing. I might be wrong though!
And with MF you gain points and sometimes they give you double points and incentives like that as well. I got a $200 Ludwig snare for free with my points. So not only will they discount prices but you also earn as you buy. I imagine that Sweetwater must do the same. I've only used Sweetwater a couple of times and they were minor purchases so I don't have any real experience with them.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sweetwater has sales people that should be assigned to you. Kevin Scott has been my rep for many years. He absolutely works with me on refining my choices and getting me the best deal. I work both email and the phone during the process. Chuck Surack checks with me from time to time just to make sure I am getting what I need.
Outstanding customer service. Well beyond the norm.
Note ... I don’t use them for piddly items.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sweetwater has sales people that should be assigned to you. Kevin Scott has been my rep for many years. He absolutely works with me on refining my choices and getting me the best deal. I work both email and the phone during the process. Chuck Surack checks with me from time to time just to make sure I am getting what I need.
Outstanding customer service. Well beyond the norm.
Note ... I don’t use them for piddly items.
Same here with Musician's friend. They assigned somebody to me and it's always the same guy, constantly follows up and offers great service + the points I get. And same as you, small cheap stuff I go straight to buy it online direct thru their website at regular price or just buy somewhere else. I'm not gonna bother the guy with a $5 item.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I just found a used one on eBay for 250 shipped. Gonna try it in my studio. If I end up liking it, I’ll get a new one for gigging. Does it come with a case?