Double bass pedals

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I just found a used one on eBay for 250 shipped. Gonna try it in my studio. If I end up liking it, I’ll get a new one for gigging. Does it come with a case?
If you buy new directly from Offset, they offer it with or without the case. With the case it's $70 more. I bought mine from them like 3 months ago (brand new discontinued blue model) without the case since I don't gig. I paid $289 shipped. Unfortunately they don't carry the discontinued model anymore. By the way, the old one is almost the same as the new one, it's just a different color, footboard logo and the center base on the new one is a tad longer which makes no difference. I just went to the website and they went up in price. I think the current model was like $379, now I see it's $429. Whichever one you are looking to buy used, ask the guy if he has the case. You never know! Also make sure it looks good, I saw some used ones when I was looking for mine and some looked pretty used. But of course you can see it by the pictures. (I'm sure you know all this stuff!) One other thing, I changed the beaters on it. I like round felt beaters and not those 2 sided things. I invested $50 in a pair of Ahead machined aluminum core beaters and the thing is incredible with those. But of course the beaters are personal preference.
Anyways, good luck and let us know how it goes when you buy it.
LRod

Last edited:

jmato

Reaction score
Any updates? Anyone else using the Offset Eclipse pedal? I have my eye on one and looking for pros and cons. (This thread was very helpful btw.)

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
I always recommend the Trick Pro-1 V pedals. The left slave pedal feels better than all other pedals that I've tried. They can take some time to get used to but I find that it's worth it for the performance and setup options that they allow.
- Both Trick and Axis have slack free universals. They also offer universals that will fit other makes; contact them for specifics.