Double pedal beater centering!

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted last week about the Trick doubles that I bought. Overall the pedals are the best I've seen and used and I really like them. The only gripe I have is how far left of center the two beaters sit. All doubles have this issue (except the Offset center pedals) but on the Trick's it seems a bit more extreme. Extreme enough that it affects the sound! Strange that they couldn't design them to be farther aligned to the right! The only fix I could think of is to install a riser. A couple of risers have a plate where you would mount the pedal allowing it to mount farther left or right. I just don't know how large the mounting plates really are. Because of this, I don't know if the actual lateral adjustment would be enough to justify installing a riser. I'm also concerned with how far from the drum the pedal sits after installing a riser. Both the Evans Dixson & Bass Plate's exist for a bass drum in my size (22x18)!
Does anyone have any experience with this or do any other possible solutions exist?

My current positioning:

PXL_20210921_163835283.jpg

The Dixson riser:

Screenshot 2021-09-21 124841.jpg

The Bass Plate riser:

bass_plate.jpg

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've only tried the Tricks on my e-Kit, so I can't offer any opinions on the a-Kit position. Hopefully another user can chime in for ya!

stevil

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LRod1707 I seriously considered both options when I had my Trick pedal, but I didn't like the feel of the pedal enough to commit to extra hardware to make it work. Also, I play a 24" bass, and wasn't sure they'd work.

My suspicion, and it's just that, is that Trick caters to metal players who use triggers but want very precise control. The sound they're drawing from their drums don't matter much, or at least not enough that the offset beater placement would matter.

All that said, I'm always interested in ways to get better centering of my beaters. Hopefully you'll share your experience if you try either of these solutions. I'm very curious.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LRod1707 I seriously considered both options when I had my Trick pedal, but I didn't like the feel of the pedal enough to commit to extra hardware to make it work. Also, I play a 24" bass, and wasn't sure they'd work.

My suspicion, and it's just that, is that Trick caters to metal players who use triggers but want very precise control. The sound they're drawing from their drums don't matter much, or at least not enough that the offset beater placement would matter.

All that said, I'm always interested in ways to get better centering of my beaters. Hopefully you'll share your experience if you try either of these solutions. I'm very curious.
I love everything about the pedal except for that. I've got the Dixson lift in my closet. I bought it last year on sale and just put it away. But now it might have to get used. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with either. That way I could just commit to the one that works. I'd just buy the Bass Plate if needed!
I guess I'll experiment and start with the one I have. I'll see if I got some time this weekend and post back the results. Thanks for the response,
LRod

Last edited:

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I learned on Pearl pedals that are centered and now I really notice the issue on everything else. It really does affect the tone.