double pedal

nylontip

Reaction score
I find the biggest culprit with pedals is that they're not oiled and lubricated enough. A lot of friction is created and the oils heat up and dry a bit. Most importantly, the ball bearings.
Besides, they get loaded with dust and moisture sitting on the rug and while traveling.
If you do this as regular maintenance, it will make a big difference in most pedals. Especially a spray lube like Tri-Flow synthetic machine oil that has teflon. Keeps rust out too.
Oil the universal joints (knuckles) that connects to two pedals as well.
Velcro under the slave pedal may keep it in place as well.
Hopes this helps you get more RPM's !!!

gtasa023

Reaction score
I find the biggest culprit with pedals is that they're not oiled and lubricated enough. A lot of friction is created and the oils heat up and dry a bit. Most importantly, the ball bearings.
Besides, they get loaded with dust and moisture sitting on the rug and while traveling.
If you do this as regular maintenance, it will make a big difference in most pedals. Especially a spray lube like Tri-Flow synthetic machine oil that has teflon. Keeps rust out too.
Oil the universal joints (knuckles) that connects to two pedals as well.
Velcro under the slave pedal may keep it in place as well.
Hopes this helps you get more RPM's !!!
will consider doing maintenance on them soon,
thanks for the comment!

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Trick makes two different pedals. I have both and always recommend the cheaper Dominator. It's lighter and the only feature it doesn't have is one I never changed on the ProV1.
If you can't find them local, try going direct to Trick. But remember they're in Illinois so now is not the best time.

gtasa023

Reaction score
Trick makes two different pedals. I have both and always recommend the cheaper Dominator. It's lighter and the only feature it doesn't have is one I never changed on the ProV1.
If you can't find them local, try going direct to Trick. But remember they're in Illinois so now is not the best time.
its a problem for because i live outside the united states, i was planning to order them from sweetwater

gtasa023

Reaction score

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like these DW direct drive pedals but there expensive like the Trick pedals. I was going to get the Tama Dyna Sync being it’s more affordable but didn’t pull the trigger. The boards on the DW feel longer than my 9000’s but I have not measured them. Gibraltar makes a nice direct drive double for under $400 and it’s built to last to.

Attachments

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like these DW direct drive pedals but there expensive like the Trick pedals. I was going to get the Tama Dyna Sync being it’s more affordable but didn’t pull the trigger. The boards on the DW feel longer than my 9000’s but I have not measured them. Gibraltar makes a nice direct drive double for under $400 and it’s built to last to.
How do you like those compared to Trick? I am curious about those, they look amazing.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
Ya need to go with two bass drums....
I`ve never met a double bd pedal I`'ve liked....that's just me though....
bt
Absolutely. The movement of the head with two beaters less than an inch apart on fast figures takes adjustment. When I went from double to single BD, playing hertas on a double pedal felt like starting over on the DW dog-legged beater thing I had at the time. So much so, it changed my approach to the drum set entirely. In hindsight, that was a good thing.

gtasa023

Reaction score
Absolutely. The movement of the head with two beaters less than an inch apart on fast figures takes adjustment. When I went from double to single BD, playing hertas on a double pedal felt like starting over on the DW dog-legged beater thing I had at the time. So much so, it changed my approach to the drum set entirely. In hindsight, that was a good thing.
i agree with your point but it is expensive.. better off with a double pedal