Dream BOP kit....

poetman

Reaction score
I was considering getting a 18/12/14 set and then found this in a local pawn shop. Not quite bop sizes (20" bass drum), but since it is now my "go to" drum set most of the time, I doubt I will be in the market for a set with an 18" bass View attachment 431201
What’s the pawn shop story? What’d you pay?

poetman

Reaction score
I prefer 20”s and play my dream kit...a 12/14/20 RB kit, recovered in burgundy sparkle.

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What’s the pawn shop story? What’d you pay?
G.I. Joes pawn shop in Alamogordo, NM. I went in the shop several times and each time there was a Gretsch rb snare in rough shape up on the shelf. After three or four visits, the owner tells me he has the rest of the set! It turns out to be a progressive jazz set in burgundy sparkle. I ended up paying $1000 and sinking another $700 in parts, paint, and wrap. I don’t think I’ll ever get this lucky again.

Last edited:

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
What's your dream BOP kit, 18" bass, new production, genre = jazz, lite rock.....budget be damned....
- I'm pretty happy with these. I've owned Canopus and Sonor Phonic Rosewoods. Great drums, but these are what I hear in acoustic straight ahead.

Attachments

poetman

Reaction score
G.L. Joes pawn shop in Alamogordo, NM. I went in the shop several times and each time there was a Gretsch rb snare in rough shape up on the shelf. After three or four visits, the owner tells me he has the rest of the set! It turns out to be a progressive jazz set in burgundy sparkle. I ended up paying $1000 and sinking another $700 in parts, paint, and wrap. I don’t think I’ll ever get this lucky again.
That’s unreal!!! Never thought such stories were still possible! What restoration did you have to do?

1585709811024.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts