Dream Contact Rides

Reaction score
Anyone have experience playing these in a jazz setting? Would you say they capture the brighter and articulate sonic profile of the rides you hear on classic 60s records? And how have you found them in terms of volume -- are they too loud/open up too easily?

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know about actual "rides", but I have two 20" Contact "crash rides" that are both nice in their own way. One at 2150g has good ride definition, the other around 1910g is more for lower volume. Both crash rather high, but it takes a bit more to get the heavier one going. I got both of them around 2007, listened to quite a few before ommitting and they were all different.

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think Dream Bliss rides might be more in line with jazz setting. They are definitely darker, more subdued.
Volume is kind of up to the user.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I've played modern Zildjian A series in a jazz setting when I owned a full set of Armand models. They worked perfectly and actually sounded like Joe Morello's earlier Zildjian cymbals. The Contacts, if I am not mistaken, were designed to sound like vintage As, so I don't see a reason why they could not be used in jazz.