Dream Cymbals at PASIC

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just found out from my friends at Dream that they are going to be taking a bunch of B-stock/one-offs/prototypes/oddities to PASIC and will be selling them for $3/inch (16" or less) or $4/inch (17" or more). That is a pretty solid deal for some pies. Don't know what exactly they'll be bringing but theoretically you could get a nice 22" ride for $88. Good chance to check out the cymbals if you're not familiar with them. Some of the Dark Matter stuff is really happening, and also got a chance to check out some "Gorilla Rides" which I really dug. Big fan of the Bliss crashes and the whole Contact series too.

(Full disclosure - my percussion group TorQ endorses Dream, but I also use a bunch of their stuff in my every day freelance work, and I think they are making some pretty cool stuff.)

If you stop by, tell Craig or Andy that Jamie sent you. :)

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a Dark Earth Flat Ride 20"..had it for 3 days. A little disappointed. I was expecting better stick articulation, little ping, which is what I wanted.

Just the opposite. In fact, had to put 2 Moongel strips on it to help bring it down...helped some, but IMO, should not have had to use the gels.

I guess that is why you really need to hear the cymbal you are buying.

I will keep for awhile, but see myself trying to sell it down the road