Dream Cymbals

BlakeN70

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone owned and/or have played the Dream Ignition line of cymbals..What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

BlakeN70

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well i just received an 18" Dream Bliss Paper Thin crash and I am pretty pleased with the sound. I can see myself buying another cymbal or two from Dream

nk126

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had hit and miss luck with Dreams (as many folks have said). 15" bliss hats I LOVE. 20" bliss ride that I really liked for awhile, especially for the price, but have moved on from. 18" bliss crash/ride that was far heavier than expected, and I passed along.

David M Scott

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had hit and miss luck with Dreams (as many folks have said). 15" bliss hats I LOVE. 20" bliss ride that I really liked for awhile, especially for the price, but have moved on from. 18" bliss crash/ride that was far heavier than expected, and I passed along.
I wanted a low cost K sound so bought a Dream 20in Vintage Bliss ride. I listened to it on a couple of YouTube vids and thought I'd found a winner. I had it for 2 years and it was very dark and roared when sticked with any authority so I sold it.
But I have a regular Dream 10in splash that is super. I bought it in a retail store whereas I ordered the ride on line. Because Dream are made in Wuhan China it would appear that like some
posts here say with Bosphorus cymbals it can be a crapshoot as far as getting a good one. Conversely, I just bought a Sabian 19in Dave Weckl Legacy crash on line and it's everything the YouTube vid showed it to be. There is a reason that Sabian sells 800,000 cymbals a year and i'm sure Paiste, Meinl and Zildjian who have sophisticated manufacturing processes and real quality control are all successful.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Because Dream are made in Wuhan China it would appear that like some
posts here say with Bosphorus cymbals it can be a crapshoot as far as getting a good one.
You're absolutely right about Dream, I completely disagree about Bosphorus. I have heard some that weren't right for me, but I have yet to play a Bos that just has a really unmusical sound. I have certainly experienced that with Dream.

David M Scott

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're absolutely right about Dream, I completely disagree about Bosphorus. I have heard some that weren't right for me, but I have yet to play a Bos that just has a really unmusical sound. I have certainly experienced that with Dream.
As regards some Bos being
disappointing, I' m only quoting some recent posts
stating that. I have only played one on the store rack. They do sound musical
but so do many other cymbals at a significant price
difference.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
As regards some Bos being
disappointing, I' m only quoting some recent posts
stating that. I have only played one on the store rack. They do sound musical
but so do many other cymbals at a significant price
difference.
That’s a pretty broad statement, but okay. You can find musical Sabian B8s, but that’s not the sound I want. Among Turkish style cymbals with some character, Bosphorus remains one of the best values out there IMO.

David M Scott

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a pretty broad statement, but okay. You can find musical Sabian B8s, but that’s not the sound I want. Among Turkish style cymbals with some character, Bosphorus remains one of the best values out there IMO.
$524 Tax in Canadian for 22in plus some delivery... mmm

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
$524 Tax in Canadian for 22in plus some delivery... mmm
Check Amazon and eBay. Or order through one of the direct sellers on Reverb by negotiating the price. Good deals to be had, for sure. There are a couple nice ones in our Marketplace too.

David M Scott

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I only buy what I can hear and play personally. As it is I have enough cymbals and to reiterate I was quoting what had been posted in this form but two folks who had posted their dissatisfaction. I have recently bought a Sabian HHX Legacy, Dave Wechl signature That gives me a very similar Bos sound at under $334 all in. So I'm happy.