Reaction score
as a kid i wanted a champagne sparkle drum set .... bought one in 1994
1965 ludwig

Attachments

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Flying to airshows across America in a B-29 Superf
It took me a bit to actually hit my jazz phase. I never stopped liking all the other stuff I was listening to but I got into jazz in high school and I loved that too. Did you ever manage to get that TW yellow Gretsch set?
Oh yes, I actually did about 10 years ago find myself a yellow TW SSB Gretsch kit in my signature sizes 18/12/14 with matching 4157 snare drum all with clear "black dot" heads.

I still have the kit today but it's now put away so, I'll look around for a picture of it to share...

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Flying to airshows across America in a B-29 Superf
Oh yes, I actually did about 10 years ago find myself a yellow TW SSB Gretsch kit in my signature sizes 18/12/14 with matching 4157 snare drum all with clear "black dot" heads.

I still have the kit today but it's now put away so, I'll look around for a picture of it to share...
Found them! Here's my 1973 vintage Gretsch SSB 18/12/14 Bop Kit in TW Yellow Nitron. This kit is 100% all original all the way down to the vintage CS black dot heads & ugly metal bass drum hoops correct for that period.

Oh by the way this is still my only Gretsch kit in my collection, that I keep the tone control knobs facing outward as a tribute to the Master ... T.W.

Attachments