DRUGANS OUT DO THEMSELVES" RED AZTEC!! MINT!!

Jim Messina

Reaction score

JIM MESSINA OF VINTAGE DRUMS TALK VISITS THE DRUGANS BOOTH AT THE 2019 CHICAGO DRUM SHOW.
AS USUAL THEY DISPLAYED UNBELIEVABLY RARE FINISHES IN BEAUTIFUL CONDITION.
THEN CAME A REFRESHING TALK WITH DRUM HISTORY PODCAST HOST BART VANDERZEE WHO IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK TO BECOMING THE NEXT AMBASSADOR TO THE VINTAGE DRUM COMMUNITY AND THE PRESERVATION OF IT'S HISTORY.AT 29 YEARS OLD ,HE'S ALREADY TALKING TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE.
WHILE OTHERS ARE TALKING ABOUT ACROLITES AND SUPRAPHONICS,BART IS OUT THERE EXTRACTING HISTORICAL TIDBITS FROM THE LIKES OF BROOKES TEGLER.
DONN BENNETT TELLS US ABOUT HIS CELEBRITY ACQUISITIONS OVER THE YEARS.AND THE LATEST ON GENE KRUPA'S PERSONAL DRUM COLLECTION MOST OF WHICH WENT TO CHARLIE WATTS WHO IS A HUGE COLLECTOR.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love those Aztec's. I believe KevinS (the other forum) still has his Aztec kit ... unreal perfect condition. Those kits ... such an unusual idea to utilize that pattern. One of my favorite Slingerland wraps.
Thanks for sharing.

p83

DFO Master
Reaction score
i saw that set at the show. it was way cool and the folks in the booth were nice.

vintagemore2000

DFO Star
Reaction score
Love those Aztec's. I believe KevinS (the other forum) still has his Aztec kit ... unreal perfect condition. Those kits ... such an unusual idea to utilize that pattern. One of my favorite Slingerland wraps.
Thanks for sharing.
Brother Mike, Yes he still does and the denim kit too,

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Very cool! Looks like I have some videos to catch-up on. Thanks Jim!