Drum bag advice

philmets

Reaction score
If you want bang for buck, I would recommend these from Ultimate Support. Strong exterior, well padded. Word of warning though, they are very undersized. I bought a set (exact sizes) for and older kit and had to return them, you have to go up for sure. This rock set would work for you, your 20 in the 22, 14 in the 16, 12 will squeeze into the 13, snare bag will be ok, the 12 is a spare!

varatrodder

Reaction score
I prefer Protection Racket. They seem sturdier than most of the other brands.

I also have a set of Barton bags that I use for storage. They're very affordable, they look nice, but the quality is not as high as Protection Racket. https://bartondrums.com/drum-bags/

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
How does the thickness and plushness of the padding on the Beato bags stack up to the Ahead or Protection Racket bags? Is the thickness the same or better?

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but thought it might help here. This would be good for light gigging and storage, which is how I plan to use it. It can take three toms and a snare with padded dividers and it has wheels.

Beyond that I’ll probably replace my Gator golf drum bag with the Tama PH05 mentioned above, and Anead bags instead of my H&B tuxedos. The Ahead look like the real deal.

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
To me, a good bag is a must. For me, I go with Aheads. They are roomier than Beatos. Either is not cheap, but I consider them an investment.
I agree; Ahead's tear drop design is the major factor why I use them and they have a nice plush interior padding system. Been using them for some years now. Some people like the hard cases and they are nice but take up too much space in my truck.

sherm

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta say, when I get the Beato price I gulp, but I end up ordering from him. The product is great and I'm a big supporter on Made In America. If I can afford the extra cost then I pay it. It matters to me. Not throwing moral shade at anyone, it's something I feel better about