Drum Cases

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The Ahead teardrop shaped cases are awesome. Very nice quality. The bass drum case is easy to deal with and very ergonomic.
Exactly; and very plush fleese interior with awesome padding. The Ahead system is one of the best and I like the way the heavy duty zippers go down on the back side and it unfolds for easy removal and replacement. Putting the drums in the bags rather than fitting the case to the drum is hassle free. Especially great for the larger drums.

I wouldn't have anything else.

sherm

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Protection Racket cases have served me very well. No quality issues whatsoever and the drums go in and out so easily.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I have the Ahead Armor bags as well. That extra teardrop section is great and the sides stay firm to make it easier to pack the drum. No straps for the bass bag but I always cart it and the side handles make carrying it easy.

I do like how the Beato bags are more water resilient, but I don't have too much of an issue with that in AZ. I haven't used them personally so I couldn't compare them.

hector48

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I swear Protection Racket and Ahead Armor are made in the same factory.
They look like the same materials, with the only noticeable difference being the tear drop shape of the Ahead bags.

Dave HCV

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I'll check into all of these. Along a similar line, I'm also looking for a small case for misc. gear that I don't want in my sick bag (collar locks, springs, rack clamps, pedal beaters, hi-hat rods, etc.). I was thinking a sort of tackle box for drummers? Any ideas there? Again, looking for a soft case type deal.
Go to a hardware store and check out their small tool and parts boxes. There are many such boxes available, so which is best for you depends on exactly what you need to carry.

Beefsurgeon

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I'll check into all of these. Along a similar line, I'm also looking for a small case for misc. gear that I don't want in my sick bag (collar locks, springs, rack clamps, pedal beaters, hi-hat rods, etc.). I was thinking a sort of tackle box for drummers? Any ideas there? Again, looking for a soft case type deal.
I use a bongo bag for this. I holds my kick pedal, stick bag, and misc stuff like you described above. The one I have doesn't seem to be available anymore, but it looks like this.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I swear Protection Racket and Ahead Armor are made in the same factory.
They look like the same materials, with the only noticeable difference being the tear drop shape of the Ahead bags.
That's what I noticed when I was shopping for bags a couple years ago. It was the teardrop that sold me on Ahead.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I use this bag for my pedal, mic, cables, power strip, cowbell, hi hat tambourine & ching ring, in-ears stuff, mic bag full of spares (felts, sleeves, hi hat clutch, snare strings, etc), Leatherman, ear plugs, beer koozie, spare handkerchiefs, and so on. It has a bunch of pockets to keep it organized. This one is unavailable but there are a ton like it. I feel the size is just big enough to carry what you need but not so much it gets too heavy. Plus the strap is nice to help with load-in. If I wanted a hard case, I'd look into a tackle box since they have tons of divided spots.

Rufus T Firefly

Reaction score
This probably isn't going to help you much, but I have a complete 7 pc set of Cadillac soft cases and I absolutely love them. Very nice plush burgundy interior, removable strap and a large zippered pocket on the side. I bought a new piccolo snare and wanted to get a matching case for it too. They are custom made at time of order and delivery time was supposed to be 4-6 weeks but I've been waiting for months. In the past I got them in a reasonable amount of time but this is getting a bit frustrating. So if you're in a hurry for cases I unfortunately can't recommend these.

Cadillac Bag.jpg

Latest posts