Drum Center of Portsmouth 10th yr. anniversary

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
In today’s email
15% off today only
Use discount code DCP-10Y when you checkout. Thank you so much for your support!

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
A good time and turnout at DCP, met fellow member Drummertom. talked for a bit, nice guy.
They gave away quite a bit, I think around 10k worth of gear, from sticks, heads etc to some mighty nice snares. I was lucky to get a nice leather stick bag.
Saw plates from Ct, New York and Pennsylvania.

Manufacturers and Reps were there, I do believe someone from the Paiste family was there.

So a good time and dang some nice gear for el zippo.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A good time and turnout at DCP, met fellow member Drummertom. talked for a bit, nice guy.
They gave away quite a bit, I think around 10k worth of gear, from sticks, heads etc to some mighty nice snares. I was lucky to get a nice leather stick bag.
Saw plates from Ct, New York and Pennsylvania.

Manufacturers and Reps were there, I do believe someone from the Paiste family was there.

So a good time and dang some nice gear for el zippo.
That was a nice leather stick bag! Yes, the giveaways were pretty amazing. The gentleman standing next to me won a set of A&F Ank hi hats ($700). I was hoping for that Unix snare, but alas, I wasn't lucky today. And yes, indeed, there were members of the Paiste family there and reps from Sonor, Yamaha, Ludwig, Pearl, Tama, British Drum (fresh from the UK), Noble & Cooley, Zildjian, Meinl, Sabian, A&F (Ramy, himself)...and probably some I missed. I chatted up some reps and had a good time. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello Ben, I only saw you when they called your lucky number.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
That was a nice leather stick bag! Yes, the giveaways were pretty amazing. The gentleman standing next to me won a set of A&F Ank hi hats ($700). I was hoping for that Unix snare, but alas, I wasn't lucky today. And yes, indeed, there were members of the Paiste family there and reps from Sonor, Yamaha, Ludwig, Pearl, Tama, British Drum (fresh from the UK), Noble & Cooley, Zildjian, Meinl, Sabian, A&F (Ramy, himself)...and probably some I missed. I chatted up some reps and had a good time. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello Ben, I only saw you when they called your lucky number.
Hey its cool, lots of people there, it is quite an event, I know Shane and I think next yr will be even
better.

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Great to meet you too Ben! Shane and company put on quite the event today.

Shane's presentation was great. It was great to hear how employees, reps, and customers. DCP really is a special place for us drummers, evidenced by the strong customer turnout and product rep presence.

Last edited:

Ptrick

Reaction score
Anyone play one of the new Sonor cast bronze 10th Anniversary snares?

Sonorholic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Great day yesterday. I was there the whole time and won a Gretsch Brass snare drum. The prizes were insane as were the special products made for the event. First prize has to go to Noble and Cooley for bringing their company truck! It's a Ford Model T that was bought new.. way back when. Jay showed up with it full of snare drums. Just too cool. I probably didn't get to chat with everyone I knew, but it was crazy busy all day. Thanks again to Shane and the whole staff for making this happen. Really really proud of the whole crew!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They are great! I've bought a couple of cymbals from them and the packing and overall service has been perfect.

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Great day yesterday. I was there the whole time and won a Gretsch Brass snare drum. The prizes were insane as were the special products made for the event. First prize has to go to Noble and Cooley for bringing their company truck! It's a Ford Model T that was bought new.. way back when. Jay showed up with it full of snare drums. Just too cool. I probably didn't get to chat with everyone I knew, but it was crazy busy all day. Thanks again to Shane and the whole staff for making this happen. Really really proud of the whole crew!
Congrats on that Gretsch snare! I was going to say hi, but you busy, then I was busy. Maybe next year...

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea, I saw the shirt and should have made it a point to say hello. My bad.
No worries! Ben had the DFO shirt, he and I were chatting after the presentation and raffle. Those events are hectic and it is hard to talk with everyone!

How's that snare sound?

Latest posts