Drum Covers | Updated July 24th 2021

drumklaus

Reaction score
Bro, Love your stuff. I may have noticed, someone started stacking. Just thinking of heading down that road for the first time. Do you do it for individual songs or do you leave them for everything now . Your DT stuff doesn't have them and have you felt it was an overall improvement to the sound you were chasing? Thanks for putting your stuff up. And again I'm an old guy, so what's your opinion on Steel Dragon's " We All Die Young". I loved Jason's playing on that one. Just an old school solid rock song with sweet drum's and 1 of the best on vocals. As for the stacks, I'm curios because I am just a basement player and I was wondering if I can hear it with the old school Ear versus the recording and options that can afford. Just a question and an opinion. And by the way ,because of you I'm going barefoot tonight! (LMAO). Peace bro, thanks for putting your stuff up.
Thanks for the kind words. :)
I wanted to try out some stackings to get more sounds on a smaller space, but it doesn't really work out for me at this point. I may go back to putting the splashes away again - but for now I'll keep them that way and try to get used to them.
Didn't know Steel Dragon until now - it's a "fake" band just for a movie? The song is pretty good for sure!
Have been playing barefoot pretty much for the best part of my life, most of the time i like it better.

Yes,sounds like synthesizer
I see. To my ears I'm quite happy with the sound actually. There's not too much messing around with plugins:
channel eq, noise gates on toms, a bit of compression and reverb.
The mics I'm using are suitable for a solid rock sound, so that's that. If I was to go for a more open, more natural sound, I'd go with other (and less) mics (if I had them). Thanks for your input anyways!

Wally Hershey

Reaction score
Ya, Steel Dragon was a movie deal. Jason Bonham played that song. The singer is the front man for Steel Heart. Kind of a "Super" group for the movie Rock Star. Figured you'd get a kick (LOL). I may give the stack a try with the zil-bel like you did. If it doesn't work for me in the stack I can give it a try as a bell by it's self. As for the bare feet. A lot of great drummers go that way, I consider you worthy of that title. Take care, thanks for the chat and info. Look forward to your next vid. My best to you and your family. Wally, New Glarus Wisconsin.

Wally Hershey

Reaction score
Bro, Your awesome. Your stuff is the best. Really appreciate you putting it out. You inspire me. If I pass on my email could you send me a little talent because it's obvious you have some to spare ! Thanks again for sharing. I am always good for passing on old stuff so here it goes, The 1994 Steve Perry album Street Talk. The drummer is Moyes Lucas. The song, You Better Wait. Love this guys playing. Great feet and fills, changes in tempo. The whole album is good with all good players. Figured you might get a kick out of one of the forerunners in drumming ( Just my humble opinion) that led to the stuff that you play so well today. I admire technical players . Best to you and your family. Wally, New Glarus Wisconsin

Last edited:

Wally Hershey

Reaction score
I'm going to mention drumklaus on a thread in the general section that I started about drummers that don't get credit. I'll be talking about Phil Ehart from the and Kansas and the song will be ,No One Together. just wanted you to know . It's about drummers that do not get enough credit

drumklaus

Reaction score
Bro, Your awesome. Your stuff is the best. Really appreciate you putting it out. You inspire me. If I pass on my email could you send me a little talent because it's obvious you have some to spare ! Thanks again for sharing. I am always good for passing on old stuff so here it goes, The 1994 Steve Perry album Street Talk. The drummer is Moyes Lucas. The song, You Better Wait. Love this guys playing. Great feet and fills, changes in tempo. The whole album is good with all good players. Figured you might get a kick out of one of the forerunners in drumming ( Just my humble opinion) that led to the stuff that you play so well today. I admire technical players . Best to you and your family. Wally, New Glarus Wisconsin
I'm going to mention drumklaus on a thread in the general section that I started about drummers that don't get credit. I'll be talking about Phil Ehart from the and Kansas and the song will be ,No One Together. just wanted you to know . It's about drummers that do not get enough credit
Wow, I'm beyond honored! Thanks so much :)
Haven't been on the website for a few weeks it seems, what an amazing surprise!

I did another drum cover, here it is:

Last edited:

Wally Hershey

Reaction score
Wow, I'm beyond honored! Thanks so much :)
Haven't been on the website for a few weeks it seems, what an amazing surprise!

I did another drum cover, here it is:

Thanks. Love it. I pick stuff every time you do a video. Some of your layout of your kit has got me thinking of comfort on my own. Mine is very much the size of yours but my left hand is not as good and I think some small moves of stuff might be worth a try. Keep the videos coming when you can. Thanks again, Wally

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am crazy about your playing and your drums sound just wonderful as well! Always enjoy your vids.