Drum furniture?

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Wood is a hard pass on light fixtures in my book. This house is dark and has 8ft ceilings. I'm usually scrapping for every bit of light I can possibly bounce off the ceiling somehow

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wood is a hard pass on light fixtures in my book. This house is dark and has 8ft ceilings. I'm usually scrapping for every bit of light I can possibly bounce off the ceiling somehow
If possible, paint your ceiling white. That'll help a lot.
I used the white underside of the metal roof we had installed on the back porch as a way to make the security lights just a little more efficient....

2019_1111_1252-00.jpg

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
And use LED bulbs as the don't get nearly as warm as incandescent bulbs.
Yes, good point.
We finally used up the last of the incandescents we had last year. I've been all about CFC's and LED's for years now.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I've replaced three permanent LED fixtures in a year. Or the same one three times. I will no longer buy permanent LED fixtures. They're grossly underdesigned for heat dissipation, and it affects their life. I do use LED bulbs but I try to use the biggest fixture I can, like using a 3x40w (equivalent) bulb fixture of a 2x60w fixture.

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, y'all. Lots of creativity here.

So I ended up spending a stupid amount of money and just buying a full shell pack for this drum set (PDP Z5) in all the different colors is was made in, with the same badge. (red 10, blue 12, gray snare, black 14, green bass). I dig the jellybean look, kind of like what VW did with some Golfs like 20 years ago. I'll slap some mesh heads on it, and probably find a way to reinforce the bass head with patches made from the extra 16" mesh head. Hopefully the studio is sound proofed by the time those wear out.

BUT, I can see putting some of these ideas to use in the future. I'm definitely going to get some miles out of this kit.

These are a couple lights in my studio. A pendant light that I made out of a very cheap unbranded 14" cymbal. And a snare drum light made out of an acrylic Battlefield snare drum.

View attachment 479027
View attachment 479028
Nice work dude. I've got a couple cracked cymbals I wouldn't mind sacrificing for a lamp shade like that.

Already doing that with a few cheap Amazon "snare drums." The motivation to do it came when I was "gifted" some scrap wood and had enough 1/8" plywood to make six 14" heads (like Index Drums). Yes, I run head first into wold tangents with minimal coaxing.