header.nohb.html

Drum History Podcast with one of DFO’s own

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
This was so much fun to do! I listened back to it yesterday and I say the words "Ya know" enough times in there to create a drinking game. This was the first time I had ever done something like this and it was fun. Bart has an amazing show with so many cool interviews. I was honored to be a part of it.

Last edited:

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was so much fun to do! I listened back to it yesterday and I say the words "Ya know" enough times in there to create a drinking game. This was the first time I had ever done something like this and it was fun. Bart has an amazing show with so many cool interviews. I was honored to be a part of it.
Nicely done!

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember looking through a photo album with Kurt at the Ghostnote dinner in St. Charles maybe 2005 ??

And thinking man that dude loves his vintage drums ……

type85

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disappointed he didn't talk about this:

1655342439452.png

sazemanek1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I did one of these with Bart about a year ago. I did the same thing. I used one word countless times! Ha. Oh the pressure!

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
Good job guys! Met Kurt at cT drum show way back when we were both eyeing up an 18 psych red bass , had a few xtra holes, we both left for a minute to look at some other gear (think Kurt had a table downstairs?) I was going back to buy it and somebody already scooped it. It went quick!

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Kurt's the man! And so is Bart! I can't wait to check it out!
Omg you are an absolute pro at this at this point John. It felt like I cut off Bart multiple times, I slouched forward, needed my reading glasses so I could see things and I said things like umm and ya know a thousand times! I was surprised how well the mic in my laptop worked though as I tried to use a USB mic at first and it just wouldn't work. Technical glitches and all, it worked out and Bart was an amazing host and prior to my interview I had been listening to a ton of his interviews after discovering him from your show. These podcasts you guys both do are great!

Disappointed he didn't talk about this:

View attachment 565815

I love those Ludwig drummers. Bart and I only intended to cover WFL stuff prior to Ludwig history after the badge was officially changed to a Ludwig badge. It felt like we could have talked for hours. Lol
Congrats! I did one of these with Bart about a year ago. I did the same thing. I used one word countless times! Ha. Oh the pressure!
I think I got more comfortable as time went on. Whenever we switched gears to another topic though I was back to the ya knows as I had to quickly remember the stuff i was talking about.
Good job guys! Met Kurt at cT drum show way back when we were both eyeing up an 18 psych red bass , had a few xtra holes, we both left for a minute to look at some other gear (think Kurt had a table downstairs?) I was going back to buy it and somebody already scooped it. It went quick!

I do remember this. It certainly didn't last long! I actually was in a shared booth upstairs with my friend Mark Kohler who now owns Eames drums. We had some great times at those shows years ago.

Thanks to everyone that has listened. It takes a serious commitment to sit through an hour of drum history from 80 years ago! I actually love listening to this podcast as well as John's when I am on the way to a far off gig. Makes for perfect listening!