K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
What's up guys, just want to put it out there that I'm an artist and I'm currently taking commissions, if there's a special drum-inspired painting you would like to have done, let's chat! I like to recreate different textures, especially drum hardware. The chrome and metal gets me everytime. Although wood grain is a fun one to do as well. Let me know if you have any questions or have an idea for a piece you'd like to commission me for.

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score

Attachments

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Photo realistic. That's cool.

I sort of collect images of drummers and it seems nearly all artists ignore the details of the drums. Lugs become squiggles (or rope drum like lines) for some reason. Looks like you're capturing all the details, and then some.

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
Photo realistic. That's cool.

I sort of collect images of drummers and it seems nearly all artists ignore the details of the drums. Lugs become squiggles (or rope drum like lines) for some reason. Looks like you're capturing all the details, and then some.
That's cool, and yeah it's sounds like they take what would be called a more "expressionist" approach. I guess it depends on what you prefer. I enjoy the challenge of trying to recreate every glare, every line etc in order to bring a still image as close to life as possible. Sometime's it's also about trying to capture the unique or special qualities of the subject matter as close to perfectly as possible but at a stunning or unique angle that only makes you appreciate it even more.
I'm kind of itching to paint again but I'm only doing commissions right now because I can't afford to just have finished works sitting around or putting money into print production only to not see the return. I'm very much a beliver in not being a starving artist. Let me know if you want any custom work done, I'd be happy to serve you. And thank you for your recognition of my work!