Drum key Pearl K050 with unusual yellow color logo

arnost

Reaction score
Just purchased this type of usual vintage Pearl K050 drum key with unusual yellow logo.
Second rarity is that the back side is without logo.
Never seen before.

Is there anybody here who knows about this key or owns it indeed?

IMG_20190802_214013.jpg

IMG_20190803_131530.jpg

Kendrum

Reaction score
The logo looks discolored from age? Maybe the logo on the back fell off? I have a few of the same keys with the logo on both sides and its a white, Early 2000's

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have one of those keys. Except the logo is white. It came with the Eliminator Power Shift kick pedal I bought used. It was press formed into the box that has the additional cams. Very nice touch by Pearl. It's the nicest key I own. Better than the Gretsch key that came with my 4160 COB snare.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have the same key and just took some pictures, including the pouch it came in. While the two pictures look identical, it is actually showing each side. The style of pouch suggests 2000's or later. So, yes, I believe the key shown by the OP is faded and one logo came off.

-Mark

Attachments

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I agree with the other comments. Looks aged and missing the piece on one side.

arnost

Reaction score
I agree with the other comments. Looks aged and missing the piece on one side.
I am back with this Pearl drum key with yellow logo. Now the key came to me and I could make my own and better pictures. And I think I was right.
Here are three pictures of three various Pearl K050 keys. First one is the chrome version, second one golden version (both with white logo) and third one is this key we discussed. If you look at it you can see, that this third key´s logo looks a little bit different - it is more rendered, more detailed and sharper. And the yellow color is not from aging and not due to flash light. Pictures were made without using flash. IMO it is an older or oldiest version of this type of Pearl key and I will contact Pearl (thru my friend collector in Japan) to ask about it.

1..jpg

2..jpg

3..jpg