Drum pads of a new generation. Give us your feedback!

Sviatoslav Volodin

Reaction score
Good day to all)
I am Svyatoslav Volodin, I work in Zetta Devices.
We are developing electronic drum pads for drummers.
Our goal: make professional drum pads of a new generation for practice and play.
Soon we will launch a crowdfunding project and we need your support and feedback.

Who plays electronic drums?
What do You lack in them? What would You like to improve? Perhaps new modes for classes?

Write here your comments or email us at info@zettadevices.com

Last edited:

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I started playing electronic drums in 1985 and just recently went back to playing an acoustic kit after all these years. Although electronic drums have their place, especially for low volume practice, I became frustrated by the response I was getting from various pads. There were hotspotting issues with some, while others wouldn't pick up the subtle nuances of a press roll or ghost notes. The response of cymbal and hi-hat pads was inconsistent at times. It's been refreshing going back to an acoustic kit, although I've supplemented it with a Yamaha EAD10, because I now hear every note and dynamic as played.

I wish you well with your project.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Mesh heads have always felt a bit too lively/springy for me.
Good luck on find that elusive acoustic feel.

Sviatoslav Volodin

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. We are waiting more. Every think is important!

Maybe you have friends, who could give a review?...

electrodrummer

Reaction score
Who plays electronic drums?
- Me - have done for decades.

What do You lack in them?
- Nothing really.

What would You like to improve?
- Nothing really. I'm happy as long as there's 3-zones on pads, DIN MIDI IN and OUT and a good MIDI implementation, sound layering and switching, sample loading and playback, MIDI sequencer and patterns, and no proprietary cabling.
- There will be a lot of old-school people who will scream "make them look like / sound like 'real' [urgh] drums". Ignore 'em ;)

Perhaps new modes for classes?
- Don't understand, sorry :(

Good luck :)

electrodrummer

Reaction score
Mesh heads have always felt a bit too lively/springy for me.
Good luck on find that elusive acoustic feel.
Have you tried the Yamaha silicone? probably best compromise for quiet pads with "feel".

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
^ ^ No I haven't... I'll have to give them the once over given the opportunity.

wolfereeno

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
been using electronic drums since 85 when I bought the 1st gen Roland Octapad. I still use parts of my old TD7 kit but have augmented it with newer mesh vdrum pads + a TD30 module. I use a mix of roland and yamaha cymbal pads.

I'm fine with mesh heads, rubber cymbals etc. And I personally hate the idea of full sized acoustic drums turned into ekits.

I think where things should go in the future are pads capable of more infinite expression using more more zones and touch sensitivity. Forward thinking items such as Sensory Percussion and Keith McMillan Bop Pads.

Another item missing on today's market is something like a cheaper, lighter, smaller version of an Alternate mode Trap Kat. (a drumkat is not lighter or cheaper!). But an easy to move one piece very durable midi controller.

Sviatoslav Volodin

Reaction score