Drum Painter

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
My name is Kiana. I'm a painter and I'm available for commissions to paint portraits of drums. I love recreating the different textures such as the metal and chrome-work, wood grain etc. Small or big, my paintings are great as:
- gifts for drummers
- artwork for studio walls and drum rooms
If you are interested in commissioning me for a painting, PM me and let's talk!

Last edited:

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
THAT'S A PAINTING?!

It almost looks like a photograph!

NICE WORK!!!!!!
Yep haha! Thank you! PM me if you might be interested in an art print. It's apart of my limited vintage series. I'm thinking about painting a Rogers, or Slingerland next.

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
Absolutely stunning. Chrome is not exactly easy to illustrate in any medium!
Thank you! I'm glad the chrome still translates well because even though you could say it's photo-realism, I exaggerate the colors a little to give it a more fantasical feel. PM me if you're interested in an art print. I'm only printing up 7 of them.

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As a (starving) artist/musician myself I really appreciate your work and the dedication to your craft to reach this level. Have you tried promoting prints on etsy yet? Redbubble.com is a decent venue to put your art on shirts,mugs, etc. I’ve had ok sales on spoonflower.com with music related fabric patterns so that might be another venue if you’re so inclined.
It’s tough out there but if you don’t mind getting out of the “fine art” box a bit I think it might work for you.

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
As a (starving) artist/musician myself I really appreciate your work and the dedication to your craft to reach this level. Have you tried promoting prints on etsy yet? Redbubble.com is a decent venue to put your art on shirts,mugs, etc. I’ve had ok sales on spoonflower.com with music related fabric patterns so that might be another venue if you’re so inclined.
It’s tough out there but if you don’t mind getting out of the “fine art” box a bit I think it might work for you.
Thank you, I appreciate that. Been painting for about 9 years now. I've done a bit of research and I'm familiar with redbubble, spoonflower, and etsy. I dabbled in going outside of the fine art lane persay and I find that people tend not to value it as much, especially with my style of art that's a bit more tedious and detailed. I also find that the painterly look as a print just translates better on certain mediums. You also have to have kick ass marketing I believe in order to do well enough in those spaces and in the end I have not found it worth it for me yet. Maybe someday, but right now I'm interested in exploring my own take on "fine art". My art is a bit of an investment but I find that those who are really into my work are okay with saving up and obtaining a current piece of mine that really just does it for them, or a future piece they may be interested in. If you talk to me, I also don't make it that hard to obtain a piece, that's why I encourage people to simply reach out. There's a lot to consider as an artist haha, but every artist has to decide their own route and what works for one, may not work for another.
-Kiana

Last edited:

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I appreciate that. Been painting for about 9 years now. I've done a bit of research and I'm familiar with redbubble, spoonflower, and etsy. I dabbled in going outside of the fine art lane persay and I find that people tend not to value it as much, especially with my style of art that's a bit more tedious and detailed. I also find that the painterly look as a print just translates better on certain mediums. You also have to have kick ass marketing I believe in order to do well enough in those spaces and in the end I have not found it worth it for me yet. Maybe someday, but right now I'm interested in exploring my own take on "fine art". My art is a bit of an investment but I find that those who are really into my work are okay with saving up and obtaining a current piece if mine that really just does it for them or a future piece they may be interested in. If you talk to me, I also don't make it that hard to obtain a piece, that's why I encourage people to simply reach out. It's just a lot haha, but every artist has to decide their own route and what works for one, may not work for another.
-Kiana
Go for it. I respect your tenacity. I hope you get in a bazillion awesome galleries and sell it all. :) Maybe poke around EMP in Seattle or American Jazz Museum in KC to get an exhibition. There are a number of other music museums and foundations that might be intetested as well. Best to you!
Dave

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
Go for it. I respect your tenacity. I hope you get in a bazillion awesome galleries and sell it all. :) Maybe poke around EMP in Seattle or American Jazz Museum in KC to get an exhibition. There are a number of other music museums and foundations that might be intetested as well. Best to you!
Dave
Thanks Dave! I wish you the best as well :)

REF

Reaction score
Man, sometimes my ignorance is in the stratosphere. I read the OP's post incorrectly. I read paint drums, not paint portraits of drums.

So, I look down at the picture and ask myself, "What am I missing here? It's a chrome snare. What did she paint on it?"

I read a few replies and drop jaw. That's amazing, and I use the word with all due reference. The more I look at it the more I can see exactly what it is but, at first glance? Photograph.

I am astounded by the modern realism painters out there today. Videos on YT of what they can do are stunning.

I like that inner hi-hat "2&4" print on your website. Very reasonably priced, too. But, the chrome snare above is off-the-charts incredible.

How wide a range of field do you paint? Just close-ups?

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
Man, sometimes my ignorance is in the stratosphere. I read the OP's post incorrectly. I read paint drums, not paint portraits of drums.

So, I look down at the picture and ask myself, "What am I missing here? It's a chrome snare. What did she paint on it?"

I read a few replies and drop jaw. That's amazing, and I use the word with all due reference. The more I look at it the more I can see exactly what it is but, at first glance? Photograph.

I am astounded by the modern realism painters out there today. Videos on YT of what they can do are stunning.

I like that inner hi-hat "2&4" print on your website. Very reasonably priced, too. But, the chrome snare above is off-the-charts incredible.

How wide a range of field do you paint? Just close-ups?
First, thank you, I'm honored you guys are enjoying my work.

Second, yes I've seen several YT videos of realism painters and I try not to compare myself but some of them are far more skilled and it's a joy to watch, especially the time-lapse drawings and paintings.

And thank you, "2 & 4" is still one of my favorites. The prints you see on the website are open edition and will actually be coming down at the end of August because I'm moving strictly to limited edition prints, but you can grab those open edition prints before the end of August.

As far as field of range, I do prefer close-ups at interesting angles; It's just what I enjoy. I'm open to trying wider and further ranges, I guess it's just that no one has asked it of me yet and it would probably be something I would do on a commission request basis.
-Kiana

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
I'm in the process of fulfilling the first order of my "Supra Star" painting on Metallic Canvas. Gave it a good inspection. Here's a couple of pictures.
K.BRNart_Supra Star on MC 2.jpg
K.BRNart_ Supra Star on MC.jpg

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just clicked on your big cartel link, and it says, 'down..'

Latest posts