Drum Painter

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
Have you guys heard about my new Magazine Gallery showcasing my drum inspired-art? Consider supporting by purchasing access to either Version A or B. Hit me back here with any questions or comments. My older work is in there as well as new stuff. The link should be in my dfo signature. Thanks for the support thus far to make this a thing! I'm definitely enjoying the process.

Last edited:

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm confused too. It looks like it costs $50 (or is it $100?) Just to see what the drum pictures look like?

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
I'm confused too. It looks like it costs $50 (or is it $100?) Just to see what the drum pictures look like?
Hi,
I have an online magazine-themed gallery in which I showcase my drum-inspired art. I do spend hours upon hours on each of my paintings and projects and the content around them so there is a one-time joining access fee and then you can come back anytime to see new drum art content, and revisit older content. I also sell art prints of my drum portraits which can be ordered through the magazine gallery. There are two versions: Version A includes time-lapse videos, progress shots, exclusive and early access to new releases and content. Version B only contains the finished paintings and order information. I add new works and features regularly. All in all, it’s a way for those who enjoy my work to support, and in return I enjoy putting together cool drum art content for you guys. Version A is $110 and Version B is the $46. Hope that helps.

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I might be interested in purchasing if I knew what it looked like. Have you thought of putting up small, or watermarked versions? I've never heard of purchasing art where you have to pay to even see what it looks like. Of course, I'm not experienced with the art community so maybe I'm wrong.

andlours

Reaction score
I might be interested in purchasing if I knew what it looked like. Have you thought of putting up small, or watermarked versions? I've never heard of purchasing art where you have to pay to even see what it looks like. Of course, I'm not experienced with the art community so maybe I'm wrong.
That's what was so confusing to me. I'm no artist either, but I would like to see what the art looks like before spending money on a print. I feel like spending money just to see it is too much of a gamble.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
It mimics a museum show ... sort of. Nothing wrong with that line of thinking.
I'm not crazy about this particular implementation of it, but I'm one person in a population of considerably more.

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
I put out a taster of my work here on DFO in this thread; I'm not sure if you've seen my drum portrait of a vintage LM400 Supraphonic snare "Supra Star"? Also, if you click on the Magazine Gallery on my site, it gives you a preview of "Supra-Star". Also, it's not just about you guys purchasing art work. There are many of you who enjoy the content I create around each painting, such as the time-laspe videos, or simply like looking at the detailing of each piece etc. It's more about the experience as well, not just picking up a piece for your drum space, although that's cool because I'm also into interior design so I'm very much pleased to see you guys purchase and display my work with pride. Ultimately I'd like to have a community that really rocks with the series.

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
It mimics a museum show ... sort of. Nothing wrong with that line of thinking.
I'm not crazy about this particular implementation of it, but I'm one person in a population of considerably more.
I think you get it for the most part. What parts aren't you crazy about? That's a genuine question by the way. Thanks for chiming in.

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
That's what was so confusing to me. I'm no artist either, but I would like to see what the art looks like before spending money on a print. I feel like spending money just to see it is too much of a gamble.
Check out my other responses further down in this discussion. You're not initially spending money on the print, you're spending money for the experience that I put hours of time and energy into providing, (on the paintings and the content around it). Then if you decide you want to take it a step further and own some of the works, I've provided that option inside as well.

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but I don't know if I'm a fan of your work, as I have only seen one of your paintings. And I can't see myself spending $50 to find out if I should be a fan. You seem like a really nice person, BTW, so this isn't intended as a knock on you. Just a suggestion.

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but I don't know if I'm a fan of your work, as I have only seen one of your paintings. And I can't see myself spending $50 to find out if I should be a fan. You seem like a really nice person, BTW, so this isn't intended as a knock on you. Just a suggestion.
Okay, thank you for your input. I will strongly take that into consideration. I have done some feature paintings with a couple of brands that are out publicly, so I'll consider adding those to the Mag Gal Preview to give you guys a little more of a feel for my work. Thank you for your kind words as well.