Drum repair (finish)

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think they will appreciate much, but folks here follow this stuff more closely than I do. I am not a collector. The only thing I know is a real rarity and collectible drum is the original Ludwig Black Beauty. When I ordered my Carolina Drumworks Bubinga snare, Jeff Hankin told me Bubinga is not an endangered species, it's just on the "watch list" as he called it. Countries like China are grabbing all they can get. Other types of Rosewood are much harder to get than Bubinga. Only time will tell. But I agree, there is no "rare, exotic, grail Tama kit.......or any bubinga kit to date".
They already have ;)

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Too late to edit. I typed Tama Bubinga, and there are more than 3 on Amazon (so I was incorrect on the #), but not many left at all, compared to just a few months ago.
Look at Tama Bubinga prices vs any other drum kits that come up.
5k+ for a 3 peice Starclassic is the cheapest I've seen.
Still, as I've said a few times. It's a blast. Some people collect cars, some sneakers. I like collecting kits.
It seems as if I'm doing something wrong from others posts.

m_anderson

Reaction score
If it doesn't, I had fun. I'm in the black, I'm having a blast, and have some gorgeous kits.
My friend, you are absolutely correct. Do what makes you happy in life, 'cause you only go around once. From what I have seen, there are a lot of collectors on this forum. People who have a lot more drums than they need, and they enjoy every bit of it. You are not alone.

That's just my thoughts. Maybe I'm an idiot, but why would anyone care what I do with my $?
No sir, you are not an idiot. I for one am following your quest with interest. If I had the space and the money, I would probably have many more drums. I know for certain I would have more congas. (I drool over rosewood and other vintage congas that you just can't get anymore.) And I personally love the Bubinga bass drum and snare with maple toms combination.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I began questioning my sanity.
I was also wondering if I shouldn't have bought all those drums ;)

Seriously, I remember a bunch of us were all counting our Paiste cymbals. I didn't see the difference, besides price? I got to the point where I couldn't justify buying more cymbals, but will, if a deal really stands out.
As for the Starclassic Bubinga kits (I also have 3 Dios kits. One a limited edition with a 16x20 bass
Only 25 made)
As for the Starclassics, it's becoming almost impossible to find any real good deals. This last kit was probably it,unless I get very lucky. I'll take a look at an Artstars on the 17th though.
Thanks for supporting my drum habbit.

Latest posts