Drum Rugs (IKEA)

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
How many of you own this same 5x7 Ikea rug? I saw it on a video about Remo Fiberskyn drum heads and on of the commenters had made a statement to the effect...Does every drummer have this same crappy IKEA rug? I laughed me ass off and thought he might on to something.

So do we all own this same IKEA rug?

IMG_0113.jpg

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Mine's from eBay, 4' x 6'
about $33 shipped if I recall.

premiergenistabirch.jpg

MntnMan62

Reaction score
Funny. I went looking on the Ikea website to see if I could find it since I could use a drum rug. Couldn't find it. But I did find this one. Think I'll have to take a drive and pick it up.

IKEA VONSBÄK Rug, low pile

sammy123

Reaction score
I definitely have an Ikea rug. Slightly larger and different pattern though. Good deals. It really ties my drum room together.

mlucas123

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a nice, black Wal-Mart rug. To me, Oriental rugs look too busy under drumsets. They distract the eye from the beauty of the set.
Plus, black hides cables from sight.

Last edited:

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a Wolfpack drum rug I got at GC several years ago. It's about 6'x6', has a rubber bottom, sticks to Velcro on pedals like gluem, dries very quickly after being soaked, and fits my set perfectly. It wasn't cheap (about $65) but has been worth every penny.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nope no Ikea, I have a 5x5' rubber mat. Rugs are too hard to handle. My rubber mat folds and rolls into a small bundle.

sherm
Interesting. I like the idea of folding into a smaller package. Where did you get it or maybe post a link?

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a nice, black Wal-Mart rug. Oriental rugs looks awful under drumsets. They distract the eye from the beauty of the set.
Yeah I've bought a couple of rugs from Walmart. I think are 5X7 and only 20 bucks each. Can't beat them for the price and being solid colors they don't detract from look of the drums themselves which is what should be on display.

Griener

Reaction score
Nope no Ikea, I have a 5x5' rubber mat. Rugs are too hard to handle. My rubber mat folds and rolls into a small bundle.

sherm
Yes, rubber mat is the way to go. (the anti-slip ones that are supposed to be used in the trunk of the card).
I have one of them in every bass drum case.
That way you never forget to bring it.
And they're really cheap.

IMG_5257.jpg

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've got an old carpet remnant that I found in the attic of this house when we bought it. If I forget it.....I'm not out any money. LOL

kip

DFO Master
Reaction score
I stole my kids playroom IKEA rug for my drum rug!!!!!

works great!

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Funny. I went looking on the Ikea website to see if I could find it since I could use a drum rug. Couldn't find it. But I did find this one. Think I'll have to take a drive and pick it up.

IKEA VONSBÄK Rug, low pile
If I had an Emerald Green Gretsch kit, I'd be all over that. I need to find one for my recently aquired Gretsch Black Diamond Pearl kit.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
I cut a 6x8 piece of tan indoor-outdoor carpeting that was left over from a project. It rolls into a small roll, and protects the hardwood floors I’m usually playing on, keeps grease from my pedals off of good carpeting in venues, and protects the bottom of my bass drum. Neutral color...free...who could ask for more?