Drum shops in Cambridge Boston area?

Izual

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm recovering from surgery in a hospital in Cambridge, MA and hope to be discharged this coming week; I'm wondering if there are any drum shops in the area that might carry Agops and/or have a decent used selection, be nice to do some shopping after release back into the world. I remember a pretty nice shop very near Berklee from years ago but not sure how far I am from there at the moment. thanks.

Reactions: JDA

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm recovering from surgery in a hospital in Cambridge, MA and hope to be discharged this coming week; I'm wondering if there are any drum shops in the area that might carry Agops and/or have a decent used selection, be nice to do some shopping after release back into the world. I remember a pretty nice shop very near Berklee from years ago but not sure how far I am from there at the moment. thanks.
are you a member at Scott's Groovologist FB group? Brooke over there may assist
Boston Drum Center is an Istanbul A&M dealer I believe

Last edited:

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about drum shops, but there is a CAR shop where they will TALK your ear off and if you're lucky they may even give you useful information.

Just don't drive like my brother.

mattr

Reaction score
Ya, if you only have time for one stop, make it Portsmouth, very impressive.

Izual

Reaction score
Well I don’t know. He said he just got out of surgery or something maybe he got some huge hemorrhoid removed and can’t drive that far ha ha.
Hahaha nah, organ transplant but good guess :p The Portland shop has long been a place I want to visit, but I'll need to head straight back to VT when I get out, thus asking about spots in Cambridge.
Thanks for the help everyone. -d

John DeChristopher

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
An hour is too far to go to a huge drum shop??
Not at all. I assumed if he had surgery, he probably didn’t have a car and was dependent on Uber or public transportation, but that could be a wrong assumption. But I agree it’s well worth the trip to Shane’s shop.

John DeChristopher

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hahaha nah, organ transplant but good guess :p The Portland shop has long been a place I want to visit, but I'll need to head straight back to VT when I get out, thus asking about spots in Cambridge.
Thanks for the help everyone. -d
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery! Shane will be there when you’re ready to travel again. :)

owr

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Izzy,

Some nice Lauristens at Boston Drum Center right now if you're looking to scratch that itch. Hope you recover easily and soon!

multijd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
are you a member at Scott's Groovologist FB group? Brooke over there may assist
Boston Drum Center is an Istanbul A&M dealer I believe
Link says they aren't open for in person visits.