header.nohb.html

Drum Thrones - Gibraltar or Roc N Soc

Mn02

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with either the Roc N Soc Nitro or the Gibraltar Pneumatic throne. I am leaning Gibraltar, but I wanted to see if anybody has experience with them both. BTW, I am definitely going lever adjustable, I already have regular spindle thrones. Thanks.

Esotericdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a normal Roc n Soc and a nitro Roc N Soc. The only complaint I have about the nitro is when I bend over to grab my beer between songs it squeaks a lot :laughing6::lol:

paul z

Reaction score
Dave Elitch recommemds the DW 9100 AL

He also mentioned he‘s working to get dw to make a 3 leg version.

Sorry I know it‘s not in your original selection but might be worth a shot.
I have not tried either of the ones you mentioned and my tama ergo rider is on the bouncy side so not my first choice. I‘m back to round top and spindle.

drumflyer

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love my Roc n Soc nitro. Just added the backrest. Might have to get a Porter and Davies to replace it for my eKit I’m using for gigs now.

Santino

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more vote for Roc n Soc Nitro. I have three total, one that's over 20 years old and have yet to replace a part other than the rubber feet.

DrummBumm89

Reaction score
I've had the Gibraltar one fail (where it'll drop more then just the air cushion) on me. I haven't replaced it but it is annoying to have to adjust 2/3 inches at random. Not $200 annoying yet but the time is near.

I had the Roc n Soc for years without issue. Someone tried to use it as a step stool and snapped one of the legs in the process.

Reaction score
Roc n Soc Nitro. Always.

F92F4D70-78B0-4AA3-B2CE-E1112EC28128.jpeg

Unless you go Porter & Davies (and even then I use the R&S on the side).

Last edited:

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I retro fitted my Soundseat top to a Nitro base with a backrest . Best of both worlds

Reactions: owr

Mn02

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am sensing a trend here in favor of the roc n soc.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roc n soc nitro w backrest.
Hydraulic piston was a little tight/sticky after a year or so contacted R&S sent it to thier shop (NC?) They fixed it up beautifully and shipped it back all on their dime.
Customer Service is top shelf

EssKayKay

Reaction score
My manual Roc-n-Soc w/backrest works perfect for me. I assume a Nitro would be as good or probably better (certainly more adjustable). I don't gig anymore so traveling with it is not an issue. From what I’ve read, Soundseat is very good (probably better) but cost and weight could be a factor. For what it’s worth, I love the backrest.

drums1225

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been using the same Roc n Soc Nitro on gigs for 23 years and it has only ever needed new rubber feet, which eventually wore through after probably 19 or 20 years. I also bring it to any rehearsals and even gigs where backline is supplied because I'm spoiled and I simply can't sit on a "normal" drum throne for any length of time.

In recent years, I bought two more so I have them on both kits in my home/teaching studio.