Drumeo Article

Trey Gray

Pro
Reaction score

drumstuff66

Reaction score
Amazing, inspirational article! Wow. Thank you for posting...

Back in 1994, maybe '95, Faith Hill played in Boston and stayed at The Copley Plaza Hotel. My cover band at the time was doing 6 nights a week at a restaurant across the street. We would often have people ask to sit in - Berklee and The Conservatory were right around the corner and we would always let them...

Well, one night it was pretty slow when a few guys walked in and sat down right in front us. On the break, one of the guys asked if they, all of them, could sit in and play a couple of songs. A whole band sit in? Sure, no problem...

I believe they did Don Henley's, "The End of the Innocence" and then an upbeat country tune that I can't remember. As soon as they started playing we all looked at each other with a look that said, "Um..this just ain't ANY band".

No, it wasn't. It was Faith Hill's band with Trey on drums and they killed it! We were blown away and each guy, especially Trey, couldn't have been nicer - answering questions and telling stories. Pretty cool stuff and I'm glad I have the chance to relay the story and say thank you and best of luck...

Last edited:

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your experience strength and hope with us, Trey . You write well . There wasn't one word in your testimonial that didn't fit . I figure your drumming is the same . God bless you my friend .

REF

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
We are lucky to have you on the forum, in the music business, and playing drums. You are such a force for good with what you share and what you do. Stay safe and I hope you guys will all get to go out on the road safely some day soon. It is a tonic we all need.

cornelius

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank you Trey for sharing your story, and for all of the great music you've been making over the years!