header.nohb.html

Drumfactorydirect.com...Thumbs UP!!!

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
I recently decided to put together a full Roto Tom kit with a couple Pearl MCX Black Sparkle Fade 18x22" bass drums...
Anyway, finding Chrome Roto Toms in good condition has proven to be harder than expected and as a result, I have had to replace lots of parts and mix and match drums. Which brings me to the topic of my thread. I decided to replace all of the cheap ratty, bent and rusted hoops, center tensioning screws and tension rods on all of my roto toms and in looking around for parts, I came across Drumfactorydirect.com and found their prices to be quite a bit better than the competitors for what I needed. In addition, I also found some excellent deals on some Wuhan China cymbals and Remo products to go along with my kit.
Their customer service and communication was spot on as was their pricing on what I needed. I had a couple questions that were answered right away and they had everything in stock..
The items arrive within a couple days of the order packed perfectly and securely. This is a major factor for me and I was very impressed with the packaging. Free shipping on orders over $99!
They are a small 2 or 3 man operation dedicated to providing us drummers with super high quality products at a very friendly price. Next time you need something for your drums, give them a shout.

Robert

P.S. I have no vested interest in Drumfactorydirect.com...i.e., no skin in the game. I was just very impressed with their operation and commitment to excellence. Finding anything impressive is getting harder and harder these days. Thumbs UP!!!

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I'm very happy with them as well and expect a box of stuff from them tomorrow

MatrixClaw

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I like DFD but I rarely need to place an order over $99 with them and their shipping prices on small items to me are usually insane. I've put things in my cart there countless times only to be flabbergasted by shipping prices and ending up buying it somewhere else for a little more, and getting it cheaper and quicker because shipping was included.

If it's parts you need, DFD is hard to beat, but I really only bother ordering if I know its going to be a fairly large order.

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
MatrixClaw said:
I like DFD but I rarely need to place an order over $99 with them and their shipping prices on small items to me are usually insane. I've put things in my cart there countless times only to be flabbergasted by shipping prices and ending up buying it somewhere else for a little more, and getting it cheaper and quicker because shipping was included.

If it's parts you need, DFD is hard to beat, but I really only bother ordering if I know its going to be a fairly large order.
Well, I certainly understand, but I would plan out your orders and keep them in the shopping cart until you have hit that magic $99 for free shipping. With the cheap prices, something has to give and you can't have it all. Free shipping on $99 orders is very fair in my book. I have found that $99 comes pretty quickly when buying drum gear.
I was looking around and found a deal on a pair 19" Wuhan China cymbals for $125...for both! That is insane...two Wuhan Chinas for $125! In the 80s, we were paying more for Wuhan Chinas than today...30 years later! I couldn't be happier!
Robert

MatrixClaw

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Treviso1 said:

Well, I certainly understand, but I would plan out your orders and keep them in the shopping cart until you have hit that magic $99 for free shipping. With the cheap prices, something has to give and you can't have it all. Free shipping on $99 orders is very fair in my book. I have found that $99 comes pretty quickly when buying drum gear.
I was looking around and found a deal on a pair 19" Wuhan China cymbals for $125...for both! That is insane...two Wuhan Chinas for $125! In the 80s, we were paying more for Wuhan Chinas than today...30 years later! I couldn't be happier!
Robert
I really only buy from DFD when I need parts for a drum (usually something that broke or is missing). The last order I placed was for lugs and screws and the parts probably cost $20 and could ship in a padded envelope for a few bucks. Shipping ended up costing me like $16 and it didn't make sense to add $80 of extra stuff I didn't need to get free shipping.

Not complaining, because the parts are still more expensive elsewhere, but I can't count how many times I've found a great deal on heads or other things on their site, only for it to be killed by shipping :p

As a whole, DFD is a fantastic shop, though. Similar quality parts to the big guys at like 1/4 the cost. I bought wood hoops for a Ludwig Pioneer I'm restoring there and they cost me like $4 more than regular steel hoops. Try to find that anywhere else!

However, I HAVE been waiting months to complete the drum because they still haven't replenished their stock of brass claws.......

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been doing business with them for years and have never had a problem. Shipping charges are high everywhere. I never have to worry about my orders with them. To me, that's worth an extra few bucks.

They are the only place I can get COB hoops. I just got their last pair of COB Stick Choppers, and can't wait to try them out on my new Ludwig mahogany snare.

Ron_M

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
MC, in my experience, the stock replenishment issue is usually a supply problem. The parts typically come from overseas, and DFD gets them as soon as they're available (whenever the boat shows up).

cruddyeye

Associate in Charge of Something
Reaction score
I've bought from them many times also and have always been satisfied. They're in pittsburgh pa on Saline street. Same street Andy Warhol grew up on.

Ron_M

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sent a note to Brian early this morning, asking about hole spacing on a throw-off. He replied quickly with an apology for not having that info posted, and gave me the spacing spec info. I've had only good transactions with DFD.

Jcob72

Reaction score
Crud said:
I've bought from them many times also and have always been satisfied. They're in pittsburgh pa on Saline street. Same street Andy Warhol grew up on.
Do they have an actual store or is it just online?

A J

DFO Master
Reaction score
Someone on this forum turned me on to drumfactorydirect. I've only placed a few orders with them, but they've always been flawless.

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've bought 2 bass drum hoops and some tension rods from them a couple of weeks ago and was very happy with their service. That roto-tom set should be a lot of fun to play. Post some pics!

florian1

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
big fan of DFD, they are a state away and I always get deliveries next day via UPS. Prices are great as well - highly recommended.

F

cruddyeye

Associate in Charge of Something
Reaction score
Jcob72 said:
Do they have an actual store or is it just online?
I don't know if they are open to the public, but that is their business location.

ToBBa

Reaction score
I've bought alot of stuff from them over the last years. Since I live on the other side of the world I have always been impressed by their delivery speed. The record so far is 4 days from I made the order to I had my stuff in hand. That's quite fantastic. Their service is always spotless.
The only thing that bothers me a bit is if they run out of some parts, it will sometimes take while before the stuff is in stock again. I've been waiting for them to get single flanged snare hoops in stock for over half a year.

Ukboy

Reaction score
Treviso, I'm waiting to see the pics of your kit!!!!