Drummer autographs

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never felt comfortable getting any before, but I got some courage. It’s a small club, so it was easy to speak with them.
Maurines is a weekly stop for me now, and a lot of my drummer hero’s pass through.
Friday was Billy Hart, Saturday was Mike Clarke. 80, and 74 years old, and killin it.
They were both cool about it, so I guess I’ll keep it up as time goes on. I may need more drum heads

Attachments

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roy Buchanan
just came across the autograph I got from him in 72 or so; I believe we were supposed to open for him ....and his band... but got cut at the last moment (time restraints) (I remember we had carried all our equipment in but due to some mix up we stayed on the floor to the side of the stage) He was great as everyone knows)
Buddy Rich
I have a Buddy one he signed for me when I was 14 or 15. Been up on my dresser for like 50 yrs)
(" to Joe, Buddy Rich") My dad walked up to him as he came off the bandstand around 1971 at a restaurant in suburban pittsburgh (harmar house)

Last edited:

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have Travis barkers autograph Todd sucherman bun e Carlos mike mangini and then a bunch from a lot of punk rock bands

The Whale

Priest of the Temples of Syrinx
Reaction score
One of my prized possessions. Got this autographed by Alan white and Chris squire. They both are really great and chatted for quite a while Alan even more so we talked about his hammered superphonic the English premier League and the Seattle Seahawks all things I love and it was so wonderful to talk about it with my favorite drummer! In my opinion this is the greatest rhythm section in Rock and this is a definite keepsake.

16199637588914803942726622678382.jpg

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
I just realized I have the autograph of three Genesis drummers.

I was one of the lucky listeners to join Genesis on the old radio show, Rockline back in 1991 for the release of We Can't Dance. For being on the air, I was sent a lithograph of the album cover with the autographs of Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks.

I saw Chester Thompson at a drum clinic back in the early 2000s and he signed his 8x10 to me. I also have his autograph on a praise & worship CD he had appeared on.

My wife and I spent a week hiking in the south of Spain with original Genesis drummer Chris Stewart who now lives there and hosts walking tours. His autograph is in a book he inscribed to me.

Funny, I never thought to get Nick D'Virgilio's autograph when I shook his hand at Sweetwater's Gearfest a couple years ago, or I'd have that of a fourth.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've only asked for autographs at after gig meet and greets. I've got Bill Bruford, Pat Mastelotto, Steve Smith, Virgil Donati and maybe a few others.

kevinyarger

Reaction score
I used to get drumheads signed by well known drummers, but I just don't know what to do with most of them, I don't really want to hang them on the wall like some college dorm posters but I also don't have the money to buy a bunch of shadow boxes like I have for my two favorite signed heads. Regardless I switched to having drummers I loved sign the inside of one of the only two drums I assembled back in my drum "building" days. Sadly I don't know if I'll ever get Dave Grohl, Josh Freese, Vinnie or Gadd to sign it but who knows. Regardless it's a fun conversation piece with most people that see it. I remember Todd Sucherman asking me the details of it and I was embarrassed cause it was just a 10 ply keller but he was super cool about it.
So far the drum has in no particular order.
-Chad Gracey
-Jimmy Chamberlain
-Thomas Lang
-Dave Weckl
-Sonny Emory
-Ndugu Chancler
-Chris Pennie
-Jojo Mayer
-Tommy Igoe
-Todd Sucherman
-Riley Breckenridge
-Virgil Donati
-Benny Greb
-Billy Ward
-Stanton Moore
Autosnare.jpg
Autosnare2.jpg
tempImage4bTErp.png
tempImage8EkuYq.png

hutdoug

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bill Ludwig II, Bill Ludwig III, Kenny Aronoff, Danny Seraphine, Fred Young, Greg Bissonette, Ritchie Hayward, Ed Shaughnessy, Eric Singer, Mike Calabrese and a bunch of guys from Forumfest 2007 in Indy.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got quite a few autographs from drummers and players and actors and whatnot.
Not as a freaky fan, though. We would work on projects and sign each others stuff to mark the occasion as a tradition.

However ... I do have two drummer freaky fan ones that I love.

Joe Morello
Michael Derosier

And you betchyur sweet bippies, it’s a freaky fan mode that got those two.

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stanton Moore
The Aristocrats (Marco Minnemann)
Jack Bruno
Todd Sucherman
Terry Bozzio
The Jeff Sipe Trio
6CFA47F4-3954-4B8D-B828-7FC23121BA06.jpeg

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm curious how many here have an authentic Ringo Starr autograph, since he's pretty much stopped signing except for those instances where the proceeds go to his Lotus Foundation charity?

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
Steve Smith, Louie Bellson, Simon Phillips, Dave Weckl, Neil Peart.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how many here have an authentic Ringo Starr autograph, since he's pretty much stopped signing except for those instances where the proceeds go to his Lotus Foundation charity?
RS-Book-Signing.jpg

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite drummers!
Signed this poster for me at the same time as this floor tom head. I bought a set of Superstars but couldn’t take them home until after his clinic.
The photo of the two of us was 40 years later at Jazz Alley in Seattle.
Also Tito Puente and Marky Ramone.
95CE3CF0-F502-47A6-B3DA-941E074AFA8A.jpeg
1890F249-E8B7-4F1F-A611-254BBF41B677.jpeg
790B576D-A815-400D-8476-9C3E5C231ADA.jpeg

Scott K Fish

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have several drummer autographs. But, with one exception, I never asked drummers for their autograph. Doing so always felt like an admission we would never see each other again. And I didn't want that to be the case.

Best,
skf