Drummer autographs

hmm92

Reaction score
I’ve gotten a few over the years.
I also have Liberty DeVito on his book @ a bongo head from a Brothers show at homes beach from way back.
My prize possession is the Ringo of course.
I was backstage at Westbury on LI and met Simon Kirk who knew the people I was with very well.
Funny since I’ve been w Simon a few times after that at Bad Co shows amd I never thought To get his.
Very cool when the next time you see the person they say hey Howie how’s it going.

It was Ringo wife’s birthday so he wasn’t coming out to see us. The cd was given to his manager that night and was signed in the last day of the tour in Germany and sent back to me via a friend who worked admin for the tour.

Vinyl and Carmine both very nice guys.
Carl Palmer was pleasant.
He actually comes out and signs things after the tribute shows he did.

Jason Bonham stick was given to me by his drum tech after a show as we were talking about his Paiste setup.

Living color they were hanging after a show at a smaller venue and signing things.

Marky Ramone was from a gig he did w his band. His guitarist was a good friend and band mate of mine who was playing w him.
I actually got up and played sedated w them w Marky singing.
Was cool playing Marky’s kit.

I have lots of fun stories and was very lucky to have friends in the business and or be in the right place at the right time.

Cash is not a drummer but an autograph worth having that was gotten at the show in Sweden when I was over there touring.
Amazing show.
Bottom line is don’t be afraid to ask, always carry a sharpie...
please excuse the typos.
Jones Beach

heythere

Reaction score
Buddy Rich, Joe Morello and Omar Hakim, all received after outstanding performances. Great memories.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not an autograph person at all . I do not go out of my way to get them . Just don’t understand the fascination with autographs to be honest . I like meeting people I admire but I never ask them for an autograph . I just prefer to chat with them . I rarely go out of my way to the pictures taken with famous people either . This is not to say I have no autographs or pictures with famous people . I just never went out of my way to ask for them.

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a few boxes in storage packed with autographed drum heads. Bands, drummers, etc. Sorry, pics not available.
A few of my favorites are:

ZAK STARKEY
PETE BEST
JIM McCARTY
BUN E CARLOS
JASON BONHAM

Stretch

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a Buddy Rich from the 80s, but I don't know what happened to it.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a Nicko McBrain autograph. Local radio station had Iron Maiden come to a local bar back then and I got it there. It's on a "Fear of the dark" CD. I've gotta look for it somewhere in my pile of stuff. Funny thing is that years later I would see the man frequently when he moved to South Florida.

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
I've gotten some friends/bands to autograph some stuff for fun, and a couple local guys where they were out at events.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Louie Bellson. Tommy Aldridge. Billy Cobham. I've met Dom Famularo & Marco Minneman. All of them were super nice.
This reminded that I had a drum head autographed by Billy Cobham! It was decades ago at Hanich Music in West Covina, Ca. The store sponsored a drum clinic with Billy and I was able to get his signature. A really nice guy...and not a bad drummer, either!!!

I eventually gave the head away to a fellow drummer who was really into Mr. Cobham's drumming!

-Mark

Attachments

crmartin151

Reaction score
I've only gotten 2 famous drummers signatures....Jason Bonham signed drum head from a show at Count Basie Theater in Red Bank NJ and I purchased Nick Mason's book which he signed " From one drummer to another, all the best! Nick Mason".

jheutmaker

Reaction score
I’ve gotten a few over the years: Jason Bonham (met him at a drum clinic in LA), Lenny White (after a show in LA) and Bernard Purdie (at a drum clinic and benefit in St. Paul, MN). Some of you have some really great autographs/stories! Thanks for sharing!

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I finally tracked down my autographed picture of myself and Roy Burns! The first picture is the original, as it appeared in the June 1983 edition of Modern Drummer. The second picture is the autographed version. I called Roy in 2009 asking if he wouldn't mind autographing it for me. Roy remembered the picture and invited me down to Aquarian. We spent 20 minutes at his desk, talking drums (Rogers of course!) and drummers!

Notice that the original picture shows both of us with our checkbooks in our shirt pockets! Over the years, I used a photo-editing program to remove those checkbooks, but the picture I brought with me is the one where only my checkbook was removed. I should have brought the original! Spending this time with Roy is unforgettable!

-Mark

Attachments

owr

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im generally not a fan of asking, but got a head signed by Gadd at a clinic and one of Stanton Moore's dvds signed after a gig in a small club. I only post to share the story on the latter - Stanton was promoting the dvd after the gig and offering autographs. I just wanted a copy but figured what the heck. While he was signing mine my wise ass friend who was the singer in our band came up and told Stanton mid signing that I was the "best drummer in town". Funny thing I wasnt even the best drummer in my house at the time, but we were in our 20s and punks. The other 10 local drummers in line for an autograph did not think it was funny, but Stanton seemed to understand the sarcasm and got a kick out if. I still havent practiced enough to that dvd...

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Mike Palmer for Garth Brooks is one of my favorite drummers. I had gotten in touch with Garths manager a couple years ago about checking out Mike's kit ahead of the show. Of course couldn't be done this time.

A few weeks later, manager asked for my address. Couple days later, Mike himself had written me a note, and signed one of his used Vegas drum heads. Too cool!

To top it off, manager texted me before the concert started that day and asked our seat locations. We were directly to the side of the stage, front row. Mike came over and had a quick talk with me. Was one of the coolest moments ever for a famous drummer for me.
FB_IMG_1500472787413.jpg

cobaltspike

Reaction score
Somewhere I have Buddy Miles, Michael Derosier and Carmine Appice's autographs, I got them in the late 70's so I'm not sure if they were in my house fire or stored away above the garage.

drumaniac

DFO Star
Reaction score
I am not an autograph person at all . I do not go out of my way to get them . Just don’t understand the fascination with autographs to be honest . I like meeting people I admire but I never ask them for an autograph . I just prefer to chat with them . I rarely go out of my way to the pictures taken with famous people either . This is not to say I have no autographs or pictures with famous people . I just never went out of my way to ask for them.
All that typing and no mention of who signed for you? I suspect Bun was one. Hope you and your family are well Rick. Let's hook up at Drumland when things clear up!