Drummers that you like but don't get enough credit ?

Wally Hershey

Reaction score
I was just wondering who you all think are hidden gems of drumming. I am older so I was listening to Steve Perry , For Love of Strange Medicine from the mid 80's. The drummer is Moyes Lucas. Not much on line for him ,but I love the stuff he was doing on that album. I think he's awesome. Love trying to keep up with him. IMHOP'' he's a gem. Would love to hear who you all can mention that are "hidden gem's" on stuff from all decades. Players that are not mentioned on list's. Just curious on opinions. Thanks, Wally.

Wally Hershey

Reaction score
The ben folds stuff is getting bought this weekend. Was listening the other night. Enjoyed it very much. good call. There is so many awesome players. I would never try to take away from the greats that are always mentioned but there are some people that are never on the list but made a ton of people smile and remember shows that they were at.

tdk

Reaction score
Graham Lear
Love his feel and how he makes the song sound great. You don,t recognize him like Cobham or Gadd as they play there style and you always know what's coming. I've seen him play with Gino V, Santana, and others. One of my favorites of all time.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I really like Tim Oxford from Canadian band Arkells. A very solid rock drummer, not a flashy dude by any means, but inventive enough to be interesting while always serving the song.

Another cool Canadian band with a drummer I like is Yukon Blonde (Graham Jones)

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruce Spencer
Man, I love what this guy lays down. He’s always coming at the song from an angle that ain’t clear at first. He keeps me on my toes.

Last edited:

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering who you all think are hidden gems of drumming. I am older so I was listening to Steve Perry , For Love of Strange Medicine from the mid 80's. The drummer is Moyes Lucas. Not much on line for him ,but I love the stuff he was doing on that album. I think he's awesome. Love trying to keep up with him. IMHOP'' he's a gem. Would love to hear who you all can mention that are "hidden gem's" on stuff from all decades. Players that are not mentioned on list's. Just curious on opinions. Thanks, Wally.
Give Charlie Adams playing on Yanni's "Marching Season" an ear. You won't regret it.

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yanni's drummer, Charlie Adams is one of the greats! Give him a view and ear as he pops out a killer solo playing "Marching Season". YouTube has a couple of performances.