Drummers today that still play large kits.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Mike Terrana most recently of The Ferrymen.
MikeTerrana.jpg

Last edited:

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Maybe the trend of smaller kits is slowly coming to an end and big kits are picking up again? The pendulum always swings too far and an adjustment follows. Much more "star" power when you have that big kit up on stage.....even if it's a pita to move around.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
Maybe the trend of smaller kits is slowly coming to an end and big kits are picking up again? The pendulum always swings too far and an adjustment follows. Much more "star" power when you have that big kit up on stage.....even if it's a pita to move around.
The big kit guys usually have roadies doing all the lugging.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nicko Mcbrain of Iron Maiden
nicko-mcbrain.jpg

Last edited:

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Mikkey Dee of the Scorpions.
Mikkey Dee.jpg

Last edited:

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well also note that most of the kits shown in the thread are from older drummers who have always played larger kits. Outside of newer metal bands you usually only see a 4-piece kit, and I don't see that changing soon.

audiochurch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would love the simon phillips setup, but my back is telling me a different story this year. One day, i would love to play a giant setup for some rock gigs.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well also note that most of the kits shown in the thread are from older drummers who have always played larger kits. Outside of newer metal bands you usually only see a 4-piece kit, and I don't see that changing soon.
Funny, I don't think any of my favourite bands drummers play a four piece. Most of what I listen to is rock/hard rock.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Mike Wengren Disturbed drummer.
Mikewengren.jpg

Last edited: