Drummer's Weekly Groovecast

shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You guys ARE listening aren't you?

I like virtually hanging with these two guys. It's a great podcast. This week's episode on Sonny Payne was thoroughly enjoyable.

DrummersWeeklyGroovecast

Reaction score
You guys ARE listening aren't you?

I like virtually hanging with these two guys. It's a great podcast. This week's episode on Sonny Payne was thoroughly enjoyable.

Thank you very much! We appreciate the continued support from the good folks here at DFO!

As always, let us know if there's something you want us to discuss or answer for you.

Phil

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the head's up! I've been trying to find a good drummer's podcast and so far haven't landed on anything that's sticking for me. I'll try this one next.

DrummersWeeklyGroovecast

Reaction score
Thanks for the head's up! I've been trying to find a good drummer's podcast and so far haven't landed on anything that's sticking for me. I'll try this one next.
Hefty, you can find us anywhere you access music/podcasts: ITunes, Google Play Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Soundcloud, etc.

All of that info is available by clicking the buttons on the bottom of our homepage at: www.drummersweeklygroovecast.com

Phil

DrummersWeeklyGroovecast

Reaction score
There's so many episodes I'm not sure where to start. Got a suggestion?
Hefty,

For interviews, try the recent Carter McLean episode. I also like the Jimmy Haslip show from a standpoint that he has unique stories and opinions about great drummers he's played with or produced. The Adam Deitch interview is good too.

For topic based shows you can basically pick a topic you're interested in and go from there. A lot of people have remarked that Episode 3 about click tracks was helpful.

Best,

Phil

DrummersWeeklyGroovecast

Reaction score
Hey DFO fam,

We just posted an interview with the incredible, George Marsh. I believe this may be George's first podcast so virtually all the material we cover is new ground. Many of you know him either from his performances with David Grisman or his method book, "Inner Drumming". Of course we talk about both of those but we also spend a lot of time discussing his experiences in the bay area including his gigs with: Jerry Hahn Brotherhood, Denny Zeitlin, John Abercrombie, Listen, Mose Allison, and more. We also spend a good amount of time talking about his wealth of experience teaching music at the collegiate level.

If you're not subscribed you can click on this link to listen.

We can also be found by searching 'Drummer's Weekly Groovecast' on ITunes, Google Play Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify and anywhere you listen to your favorite music or podcasts.

Best,

Phil

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
So i've been listening and enjoyed the Carter McLean, Rob Knopper episodes among others. But the Sam Fogarino interview slayed me! I had forgotten how much I listened to Interpol back in the early aughts and the break down of the song Obstacle 1 was SO great and insightful. I'm hooked on this podcast now.

Latest posts