Drumming for the song.....

amosguy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playing for the song works better than unnecessary chops. Just what it needs.

Reynfield

Reaction score
Playing for the song works better than unnecessary chops. Just what it needs.
Thanks. When I was a younger player I was obsessed with playing fast and chops etc. took me a while to fully grasp difference between a musician and just a drummer. The new generation of players are somewhat missing the musicianship angle. Some great players out there. But sometimes just to much..... appreciate the feedback fellas.

jakeo

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really nice - not showy - just perfect.

brokenstick

Reaction score
I played in a country band in Baldwin Park Ca..The Silver Saddle.Tile floor no pool table.Real good band.The lead player had a tattoo on his hand of a skull with spider legs.They had never seen drum cases before and kept calling them hat boxes. That was in '82

Reynfield

Reaction score
I played in a country band in Baldwin Park Ca..The Silver Saddle.Tile floor no pool table.Real good band.The lead player had a tattoo on his hand of a skull with spider legs.They had never seen drum cases before and kept calling them hat boxes. That was in '82
Lol. That sounds like a real country act. Not the stuff of today. Seriously this new modern country is the new rock. You play a classic rock song some people notice. You play one of these Jason Aldean or Luke Bryan etc tunes and the whole place goes nuts singing every word. We also play in front of a 300 person line dancing club sometimes and that's all they want to hear. Some huge country clubs here.

brokenstick

Reaction score
Garth Brooks said he went to heavy metal or hair band concerts and took some staging and attitude pointers.I'm from a jazz/rock/avant guard back round but I was also a sideman.I've heard rap sounds in new country music.The Silver Saddle guys were the authentic article.It was like stepping into the 1950's.They knew nothing of country rock.62 Chevy pick up with a Cadillac V8.That's where it were

Reynfield

Reaction score
Garth Brooks said he went to heavy metal or hair band concerts and took some staging and attitude pointers.I'm from a jazz/rock/avant guard back round but I was also a sideman.I've heard rap sounds in new country music.The Silver Saddle guys were the authentic article.It was like stepping into the 1950's.They knew nothing of country rock.62 Chevy pick up with a Cadillac V8.That's where it were
Yea man. Most the country guys of today were all 80s rock guys. Look at aldeans band. Redmond is a huge fan of 80s rock as are the guitar and bass players. Reba also hires rock guys as subs. Like I said it's rock with a flash of modern elements with a twangy vocal. And really repetitive lyrics. Lol

bob e michael

DFO Master
Reaction score
met him a few years back .... nice young fella
btw .... nice playing on that track ....

Attachments

• rich8 (1).JPG
    rich8 (1).JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 6