header.nohb.html

Drumming in your sleep

Pibroch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My wife complained I was playing a drum pattern on my chest with both hands while sleeping last night.

Anyone else had similar problems?

(Have decided to stop tapping on my person when away from my drum set, to try to stop sleep drumming from turning into a habit. Don’t fancy taking a cattle prod zap in the middle of the night :))

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
i haven't been told of that but last night I dreamed I was on stage (in the dark) talking to the kit drummer in a band I played percussion in...the kit drummer is a guy I've known since grade school..and not a drummer or musician at all...I was telling him to look (we were in a huge concert hall) we made it...all our hard work paid off...it was all worth it etc.

He's always been a good guy and I know via FB he's been laid off from time to time...and me...I have been pondering why I'm drumming at 55 and what I think I can accomplish...recently I auditioned for a guy who was looking for a drummer for some rock/blues stuff (not my sweet spot) and I had a blast playing with them and executing there toons (I spent some time learning them).

drummingbulldog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sleep behavior is subconscious. She knew what you were when she married you. Lol. I do that on my chest but before I go to sleep.

TonyVazquez

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My wife complained I was playing a drum pattern on my chest with both hands while sleeping last night.

Anyone else had similar problems?

(Have decided to stop tapping on my person when away from my drum set, to try to stop sleep drumming from turning into a habit. Don’t fancy taking a cattle prod zap in the middle of the night :))

You were born to play drums. So, continue sleep-drumming.
Play them blast beats! :headbang: :toothy10: :headbang: