header.nohb.html

"Drumming is easy, being a great human is hard" What an Eposide of Live From My Drum Room!

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been watching an episode of Live From My Drum Room with our own John DeChristopher when I hit the gym a couple of mornings a week (actually trying to be a little LESS of a fat drummer). I start out with 45 minuets of cardio on a treadmill and elliptical so the length is just about perfect (lets be honest, I'm actually staying on the machines until the episode ends!). This morning I caught episode 79 with Tommy Igoe and spent most of it grinning and laughing out loud in the middle of all these 20 somethings trying to look hip. It is one of the funnest shows I have seen with one of John's guest, Tommy has more energy than a hamster on crack!

But today I am adding a new line to my DFO signature thanks to the wonderful Mr. Igoe. This is not to preach at my brothers and sisters but rather to remind myself of something I can so easily loose sight of, "Drumming is easy, being a great human is hard". A message I need to keep more at the forefront in my own interactions.

I can't encourage you enough to catch this episode, you will laugh and learn! Keep up the great work John!!!

JazzAcolyte

Reaction score
But today I am adding a new line to my DFO signature thanks to the wonderful Mr. Igoe. This is not to preach at my brothers and sisters but rather to remind myself of something I can so easily loose sight of, "Drumming is easy, being a great human is hard". A message I need to keep more at the forefront in my own interactions.
I dunno. I think they’re both hard. *sigh*

John DeChristopher

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much, Ward! Tommy was one of my favorite episodes, mostly because of his energy, and that he had me laughing non-stop!

But not surprisingly he imparted some valuable information and anecdotes as you pointed out. We have a long and special history and I love the guy. :)

kallen49

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for a really great episode, very funny but still profound, as when Tommy refers to John’s drum room (and I think to being a drummer);

“It’s not an instrument it’s us”
and
“Social media brings out the worst in people, one on one texting brings out the best”

I need get to get Tommy’s “Groove Essentials” book.