Drumming while standing up!

LarryJ

Reaction score
I use a cocktail kit for background smooth jazz gigs in restaurants, where space is non-existent. The three hour jazz brunches are a killer.

Being a heel down player, I had to make a riser to keep my ankle at a reasonable angle. A piece of 2x6 with carpet on the top and velcro on the bottom.

20200405_190625.jpg

tommykat1

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'm fortunate to have three Rogers cocktail kits that can be set up for either stand-up or sit-down play. I use them in both scenarios, whatever the gig layout calls for.

My three piece band plays in a small and tight Irish pub that necessitates the stand up format. Note that in one of these gig pics, we played straight for three hours. No breaks! Man, that left leg was twitchy when we were done.

01 1958 Rogers Spotlight Astoria.jpg

02 1960 Rogers Astoria Cocktail Outfit.jpg

02 Purple Diamond Majesty.jpg

03 1958 Rogers Spotlight Astoria - Tom In Action.jpg

04 Seymour Baker Band .jpg

01 Stew McGoo Parklane Front View 1.jpg

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Landis Expandis, the lead singer/drummer for Baltimore funkateers The Almighty Senators plays and sings lead standing up, sometimes augmented with an Octapad.

Landis001.png

Landis002.jpg

Landis004.jpg

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love this. Thanks for posting; a new band for me and a wonderful sounding snare and bass drum.
Been a Jellyfish fan from the start. It's a shame that they didn't do a couple more albums - two were simply not enough. If one could wear out a CD, my two would be ragged by now. The engineering on both albums was just breathtaking.

GeeDeeEmm