Drums Playing Themselves: Addictive Drums & Ableton

EyeQueueNein

Reaction score
I am new to electronic drums and could use some help. I got an entry level Roland Vdrum set and ran it via midi cable through a Scarlet interface into Addictive Drums hosted by Ableton Live 9.

Druing our church services the drums had to be muted because they would randomly play toms even though no one was near them.

I assumed it was the drum set so I got an Alesis DM10X and ran it via USB (in case the problem was midi cable). The new setup *also* has the same problem, randomly playing toms and cymbals even when no one was near the drums.

Any idea what the issue is? I am hoping I am unaware of a simple setting parameter that needs to be adjusted.

Thanks a lot!
David

jazzerone

Reaction score
I would guess that something in the room is generating enough vibration to set off the triggers in the kit. If your threshold and cross talk settings are not right you can get random triggering from vibrations. Do a Google search on "random triggering of edrums" and you'll find quite a few commentaries on the problem, particularly with that Alesis module.

EyeQueueNein

Reaction score
That’s a big help. Thanks for taking the time to leave a reply. I tried searching the few times but didn’t really know the keywords to use. I’m excited have a good lead.

Latest posts