Drumsticks that make you go "meh"

Fat_asian

Reaction score
For me it would be the zildjian Travis barkers in white. These sticks are aesthetically pleasing but I swear the round tip and girth make it seem like it will bust or break your drumheads. I suppose if you played in the style of tb it would make sense in a cover band or something, but they feel too darn heavy. Second on the list: Metallica's Lars Ulrich metal aheads, another bust or drum puncturer. #3 these sticks are awesome (Vic Firth dreadlocks) but they won't sustain heavy repetitive drumming for thirty plus bucks a pair!

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any stick NOT made of wood.

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Vic Firth Buddy Rich. The length is right, the diameter is right but the balance is too far back

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the heck out of Todd Sucherman’s playing but do not appreciate Todd’s signature maple sticks from ProMark. Maple is lighter than hickory or oak so it takes a lot more effort to move those sticks.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For me, it's ANYTHING other than Regal Tip. Sigh... I have a long road ahead of me!:blink:
You and me both brother. Not all 5a's are created equal. I heard Vic Firth makes double lacquered 5a's but I haven't found any locally...yet. I had to get some American Classic 5a's while I was in Texas a few months ago and there is no comparison (to me anyway) so who knows how those VF double lacquered sticks will compare.

But to answer this question directly, for me it was Vic Firth Steve Gadds. Not saying they are bad, they are just not for me.

Last edited:

44Ronin

Reaction score
A. I don't get that hung up on sticks, B. Interesting username.
pol_pl_Zildjian-Signature-Trilok-Gurtu-Rock-6821_1.png

hmmmmmmmm.......

Roch

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a guitar player who's always on a quest for the perfect pic...Until you try them all, you just don't know. (Dunlop Prime Tones. The opaque Delrin plastic ones. in case you're wondering. So far)
I used to cut my own out of Javex bottles . Goalie masks, too

Vicey

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
VF Keith Carlock sticks. Somehow they failed to make me play just like Keith Carlock, and the extreme taper makes them wear quickly.