DTX-multi12 Used or New?

feelyat

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a DTX-Multi12 pad for a hybrid setup (or whatever else comes up), and I'm considering buying a used one, but I'm a little leery of used electronics. As with a lot of used gear, I'd have to buy it without getting to play it first. I know those are generally regarded as good pads, but I'm worried that some of the sensitivity benefit of the DTX might be lost if someone with a heavy hand and/or sticks was the previous owner.

For those who bought one used, any issues with yours? Where did you find it?

The used prices seem fairly reasonable right now, but I'm afraid that I may regret going for a used one.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I just bought a used one and it was fine. Enjoying my savings

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Online via Reverb. I made an offer of $415 shipped and it was accepted. There are a number around $400-450 at any given time I checked over a few weeks in various places.

Chalmers

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hesitant to buy a used dtxm12 also, but found a good deal last year and it’s worked out fine. Zero problems.

Gibraltar hardware works fine.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Oh yeah. The Yamaha mount is like $60 and works with hex rods only and not YESS. You need the long ones. The mount is universal though, and the Gibraltar mount is metal and like $11, and works with any grabber