Duco finish?

DD

Reaction score
Would be curious to see any Duco finishes fellow form members have tried… if you’ve done one (particularly on snare shell) how did it go? Any tips or pointers to share? Thanks

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I did one a long time ago on a set of orphan drums with aerosol paint cans. I don’t have any pictures and they turned out ok but not a perfect match to factory style duco. I sprayed the whole shells the color I wanted for the center stripe (gold) and faded in the edges (british racing green).

I would recommend setting up some sort of lazy susan to turn the shell while you keep the paint gun or can steady. On a shell as narrow as most snares you might want to look in to an airbrush instead of a regular gun if you have an air compressor. Harbor freight has reasonably priced setups. If not look in to “art” type spray cans marketed for grafitti mural use that have a very fine tip to control overspray. I’ve heard Montana is a good brand, but I don’t have personal experience. Keeping a clean faded line without overspray on the edges will take a good bit of practice which is why I went from the outside in with dark over light but it does give a different look than traditional duco

Reactions: DD

healthie1

Reaction score
If you google barjack pearl drummers forum, you can see some of the work this member did 10 years ago. Pretty simple set up and they look good.