Duluth Brass Manufacturing Redux.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They do sound good. Josh Freese playing one on the early A Perfect Circle albums has always sounded wonderful.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Dig those lugs...where did you pick them up?

Johnnythunder

Reaction score
Thanks! I found the lugs at HHG drums. ($20.00/each) You can get them in different finishes (at an extra cost) Sam makes some cool stuff.

bleen

Reaction score
For those with Duluth shells, how fast/slow is the response time to emails generally? I sent an inquiry at the end of last week and have yet to hear back; if this is normal for them, I don't want to pester with a followup yet.

Johnnythunder

Reaction score
I think I remember John telling me he checks his email on Tuesdays. He is really good at replies to emails, so just hang tight a little.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
That looks incredible. Did it cost extra to have them cut those lines? Actually I'd love to hear what everything cost if you're comfortable with that. You can PM me if you don't want it public. Congrats K.O.!
Shell was around $600, hoops were 175ish when purchased with the shell (more if purchased separately). Shipping was around 60. Not cheap unless you compare what you are getting with other "ready made" cast bronze drums. They did not charge me for scribing the lines but I don't know if that is typical or just because I was the first to ask about doing that and they thought it was a neat idea.

All in I probably have a grand invested although that was spread out over a bit of time. IMO it was worth it.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A package from Duluth is hitting my porch this afternoon ! This will certainly be a Merry Christmas.

Regards, Rudy
Sure beats getting new socks for xmas,,, very jealous,,, enjoy it and let us know how you like it

spw2459

Reaction score
View attachment 383224

Just a quick photo of my Duluth Tama Mastercraft replica with a set of Ocheltree replica lugs on it.

Beautiful!!! Couple questions for you if you don’t mind. Where’d you score the Ocheltree replica lugs from? And have you had any issue with them stripping at all?

I just found this thread and hoping Duluth is still making these drum shells and hoop!

Trying to get all the details squared away before I Email them. Any procedure /
Order details greatly appreciated!!

I would need to mail them the lugs, throw, strainer right? Anything else besides shell size/thickness?

Also, what are your thoughts about shell thickness?

I’m looking to have made a 8 x 14 and a 6.5 x 14

thanks so much!!

View attachment 383224

Just a quick photo of my Duluth Tama Mastercraft replica with a set of Ocheltree replica lugs on it.

Latest posts