Dunnett 6.5 x 14 2N Modeling Aluminum Snare -No longer for sale.

Ludwig1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Moving some gear and this is the first of the listings. Comes with case and has never been out of my drum room at home.

$650 shipped.

fullsizeoutput_7591.jpeg
IMG_2489.jpeg
IMG_2490.jpeg
IMG_2491.jpeg
IMG_2492.jpeg

Last edited:

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
How does a "modeling" aluminum snare sound different than a regular aluminum snare? I am not being snarky, I honestly am ignorant on this drum.

Ludwig1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have no earthly idea...and there's a good chance I have the title of the snare wrong. I do know this snare sounds fantastic though!

Ludwig1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here you go...although I'm not sure this helps.

A Love Letter to the LM402 Supraphonic
If Ronn Dunnett's center-beaded Classic Model 2N Modelling Aluminum snare drum looks familiar, it's no coincidence. Ronn challenged himself to re-create and even improve upon the qualities he admired most in his Ludwig LM402 Supraphonic — the same snare used in studios across the globe. It all starts with Ronn's handcrafted, pit-resistant aluminum shell, whose vibrant voice rewards every stroke with a throaty bark and a dynamite crack. This snare looks as great as it sounds, and natural oxidation gives it a one-of-a-kind patina that can easily be polished out if you prefer the mirror finish. A set of 2.3mm double-flanged George Way Drum Co. hoops — resurrected by Ronn himself — reveals a timeless tone and a satisfying rimshot when you dig in. You also get Ronn's R4 throw off and butt plate for fast head changes, deep hand-cut snare beds for uncompromising sustain, and a set of great-looking retro tube lugs.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
It has a rolled round bearing edge on the batter side, and a sharp non rolled bearing edge on the reso side. Why he called it "modelling", I do not know.

Latest posts