Dunnett floor tom legs and bass spurs

afwdrums

Reaction score
I have no experience, but from what I see:
-they look like Ayotte’s (draw your own conclusions)
-they look heavy (if that matters to you)
-they look sharp (could come in handy to fend off drunks at dive bar gigs I suppose??)

almost bought the spurs for my Ayotte kit, but never did

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with INDE. Where do you find them
This forum worships INDe for some reason. Don’t get me wrong, they look like they make nice stuff, but so do a lot of companies.

It seems to me every forum has a brand or two brands people praise on a regular basis. Here it’s INDe and vintage gear.

Old PIT Guy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This forum worships INDe for some reason. Don’t get me wrong, they look like they make nice stuff, but so do a lot of companies.

It seems to me every forum has a brand or two brands people praise on a regular basis. Here it’s INDe and vintage gear.
buzzing and stinging.jpg

ARGuy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

A big part of the appeal of INDe on this forum is that you can say "he" instead of "they". It really is basically a one person operation, and he does it right. He designs everything himself and his products are unique and well thought out. We don't hear complaints about a lack of communication or products that take forever to ship or are misrepresented. It may not sit well with you that you feel that INDe gets "worshipped" here, but a lot of us admire what he's doing.

Old PIT Guy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A big part of the appeal of INDe on this forum is that you can say "he" instead of "they". It really is basically a one person operation, and he does it right. He designs everything himself and his products are unique and well thought out ... a lot of us admire what he's doing.
Good points in favor of Inde. But there's also something to what Dale wrote. Not long ago I read a thread here about the "return of Ming" and I thought Ming? All I could think of was that cooking show where the guy says 'awesome' every few minutes.

So I searched and there are 10 pages of Ming posts were Ming is apparently the best thing since running water and I've seen a whopping zero people playing them in the wild. That seems a bit herd driven to me.

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A big part of the appeal of INDe on this forum is that you can say "he" instead of "they". It really is basically a one person operation, and he does it right. He designs everything himself and his products are unique and well thought out. We don't hear complaints about a lack of communication or products that take forever to ship or are misrepresented. It may not sit well with you that you feel that INDe gets "worshipped" here, but a lot of us admire what he's doing.
That’s all fine & dandy, but it has nothing to do with my point. I just want him/her to take what I said in consideration before he/she makes his/her decision based on one group of people’s almost unanimous opinion.

Last edited:

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Good points in favor of Inde. But there's also something to what Dale wrote. Not long ago I read a thread here about the "return of Ming" and I thought Ming? All I could think of was that cooking show where the guy says 'awesome' every few minutes.

So I searched and there are 10 pages of Ming posts were Ming is apparently the best thing since running water and I've seen a whopping zero people playing them in the wild. That seems a bit herd driven to me.
Are you saying that because you feel that something is "herd driven" it can't be good?
Can you point out anywhere in those 10 pages of Ming posts where anyone from Ming took the time to post on this forum?
It seems that in addition to "hive mind" and "herd driven" we also have "DFO Oppositional Defiance Syndrome" where any person or product that receives more than casual praise from enough members on a regular basis triggers the need in others to find some way to put those people or products "back in their place".

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
That’s all fine & dandy, but it has nothing to do with my point. I just want him/her to take what I said in consideration before he/she makes his/her decision based on one group of people’s almost unanimous opinion.
Come on. Your choice of "worship" is the point. It's meant as a put down. Had you left off that sentence you wouldn't have put yourself in this position.

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drank the Kool-Aid not long after I joined here. There’s a reason INDe is popular here. It’s good. Engineering is incredible and the build quality is great without a price point that requires a second mortgage. As someone else alluded to, have a question - call Josh.
I own a 4 piece kit and 2 snares. They sit right beside my DWs, Gretsch’s, Yamaha’s, etc. top quality. DW makes great hardware, as does Ronn Dunnett. But an honest answer to the question posed was INDe.

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

I usually make equipment choices based on my personal needs/requirements, and I put my money where my mouth is when it comes to Ming (now Mair).

2018-10-28-FallFest009.JPG

2017-09-23-BigBats007.JPG

2020-07-17-Perrys025.JPG

853guy

Reaction score
Are you saying that because you feel that something is "herd driven" it can't be good?
Can you point out anywhere in those 10 pages of Ming posts where anyone from Ming took the time to post on this forum?
It seems that in addition to "hive mind" and "herd driven" we also have "DFO Oppositional Defiance Syndrome" where any person or product that receives more than casual praise from enough members on a regular basis triggers the need in others to find some way to put those people or products "back in their place".
No, it's an acknowledgement of how selection bias works.

What are the chances a Rush forum will consistently and overwhelmingly vote that Neil is the greatest drummer ever?

What are the chances that a forum dedicated to Pearl will consistently and overwhelmingly consider Pearl to be superior to other manufacturers?

What are the chances that a forum dedicated to the specialized interests of drummers will occasionally bring up obscure manufacturers that pique extreme interest despite a lack of real-world experience?

The more niche the sub-set, the more self-selecting the results.

Best,

853guy

Old PIT Guy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Now you're being defensive and hyperbolic. "Hive mind" is a real thing, and honestly, so is herd driven. You don't have to agree with that observation. And I'm not trying to put anyone in any place. My opinion concerned only a relatively unknown drum brand receiving quite a bit of fanfare here (I would hazard a guess it was based on price), while I read nothing of Ming anywhere else.

Anyway, the context of my post was in agreement with your position on the Indie company while only pointing out there was some validity in Dale's point of view about forums having one or two items that rise to the top. And that's how both Ming and hive mind came to me. There has to be something more worthy of getting your froth on than this!

robthedrummer

Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions on the stainless steel Dunnett Floor Tom Legs and Bass Drum Spurs?
I agree with the others that Inde's stuff is great. On floor tom legs, I went with DW and it was a no-brainer. I am fortunate to have a Craviotto kit, but it uses 12.7 legs. Very heavy steel ones. I found that DW makes 12.7 legs in aluminum, but unlike Inde, they are chromed. Super light. That kind of incremental weight reduction quickly adds up, in a good way, in the hardware bag. Added bonus is the the flat leg splay works better for my setup.

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
i have seen the dunnett floor tom legs and brackets , sure they're nice
but i'm going with the inde stuff all day long ....
here's a picture of my slingerland 15'' tom c/w aluminum legs and the br3 brackets

Attachments

Trilock_Gurtu

Very well Known Member
Reaction score