Duplex Drums back home! Have you ever bought back a drum set?

DuplexTim

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all...been a long minute since I posted but last week I bought back my 1930’s Duplex kit from a wonderful collector I sold to him 5 years ago. I told him “if you ever decide to sell them, give me first shot”. And he did!!! Wonderful guy and a major collector. I’m very blessed! This kit is UBER rare! My first restoration project and man! They sound ridiculous! The Radio King shells sound SO good! This kit has such great mojo! So have you ever bought back a kit you regretted selling? I’ve had some regrets (and this was one of them), but this was the first for me! #soglad
56794722-4882-45E1-B025-2C4FE8ACC9B7.jpeg 18D217F5-AD0F-475A-975C-33826A0F6B74.jpeg

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've bought back three kits (one of them sold again).
The best deal was my Ludwig 60´s BOP kit that I foolishly sold and it got sold again to another drummer after a year or so.
After four years I traded it back for a hi-hat stand with used, 80's New Beats on it - one of the best deals I ever made!

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I havent, but I'd sure like to buy back the Trixon Telstar set I sold awhile back. I had no room for it.

trixonian

DFO Master
Reaction score
Great story, Tim. I remember that restoration. I think when you put time into a kit like that, it creates an attachment. Glad you got them back!