header.nohb.html

DW 5x13 10+6...SOLD

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score
yup...i got this drum in a trade quite a while back and it KILLED at just about everything i threw at it!
¿cranked? spectacular...
¿mids? stunning...perfect basic snare (just ask billy ward!)...
¿ tubby low...REALLY? YUP! absolutely loved it...
so, why sell...¿?
fast forward a few years and what was once unique in my arsenal suddenly became very redundant. too many drums...12's and 13's...in the same basic tonal periphery, doing very similar jobs! this one was lowest on the totem pole...even though it's the drum that started my brain a-whirin!

it's giftedness is undeniable: DW craftsmanship (stellar), 10 ply maple shell w/ 6 ply re-rings, tunability in spades.
but then there are the quirks...as seen in the photos...that bring it to the 'far below market' price-point:
- as best as i can figure out (i never got the real scoop on it) someone tried 'poorly' to repair a lifted seam and what resulted remains as a missing piece of wrap, and the seam is STILL loose :)
it never bothered me visually and it certainly never/doesn't affect the way heads seat or tune! but take off the head and there it is.
- WHY the throw off is gold while the rest of the hardware is chrome has never been explained either...again, not deal breaker bummer for me. it works great and that's all that mattered to me.
an easy fix if someone was truly bugged...

so there you go...i'm puttin it out there cause i can. keeping it wouldn't depress me...selling it would make some other purchases a lil easier :p check out the pics and ask any questions.

SOLD.

dw 13 6:6 side badge.jpg

Attachments

• lifted top edge indicated.jpg
    lifted top edge indicated.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 67
  • flapped lift.jpg
    flapped lift.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 67
  • dw 13 6:6 lift.jpg
    dw 13 6:6 lift.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 68