DW Almond Drums

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
I don't remember anyone really discussing these in depth around here. A quick search didn't turn up anything.

Very Interesting the problems they had to overcome to work with Almond.

Watch about the first 1/3 to see the Almond problems.
Really well done video on these.

L300burn

Reaction score
I first saw the almond drums at a Dw day with Peter Criss and John Good. The drums sounded amazing with an almond buttery feel (there you go) the way they were tuned. Beautiful finish too!

Last edited:

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I first saw the almond drums at a Dw day with Peter Criss and John Good. The drums sounded amazing with an almond buttery feel (there you go) the way they were tuned. Beautiful finish too!
When was this ? I love Peter Criss !!!

L300burn

Reaction score
When was this ? I love Peter Criss !!!
This was about two years ago in about September. It was at this thing the local shop does this DW day where they bring an artist along with John Good. Last year they had Chad Wackerman along with a Podouk kit. Peter Criss didn't do a lot of playing but he gave a really good talk of his life and experiences. Decent discounts on DW products. So if you're near Fresno, look up Bentley's Drum Shop. The service is wonderful and they accept trades. They don't rip you off and sell sticks cheaper than anywhere else. Some people center their vacations around Bentley's. Gotta come if you're in Fresno, California. What's funny is down the street is Guitar Center and they look like junk compared to this shop. I know you asked about Peter Criss but many artists come. I now have autographs from Russ Kunkel, Kenny Aronoff, and John Good. Cheers for the English assignment I just wrote!

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So, how does it taste? Like an Almond Joy? Or like Almond Milk? Do tell!

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This was about two years ago in about September. It was at this thing the local shop does this DW day where they bring an artist along with John Good. Last year they had Chad Wackerman along with a Podouk kit. Peter Criss didn't do a lot of playing but he gave a really good talk of his life and experiences. Decent discounts on DW products. So if you're near Fresno, look up Bentley's Drum Shop. The service is wonderful and they accept trades. They don't rip you off and sell sticks cheaper than anywhere else. Some people center their vacations around Bentley's. Gotta come if you're in Fresno, California. What's funny is down the street is Guitar Center and they look like junk compared to this shop. I know you asked about Peter Criss but many artists come. I now have autographs from Russ Kunkel, Kenny Aronoff, and John Good. Cheers for the English assignment I just wrote!

Not in the area , heck I've never even been to Cali .

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I appreciate John Good's passion and knowledge, and dw makes beautiful drums... but... you cut down a tree, cut it into thin strips of veneer, layer it with glue, put it in a pressure machine and mold it with thousands of pounds of pressure, spin and sand and polish and paint it on high speed rotating machines... but having the grain go horizontally is "going to put stress on the wood" and raise the pitch? C'mon...

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I appreciate John Good's passion and knowledge, and dw makes beautiful drums... but... you cut down a tree, cut it into thin strips of veneer, layer it with glue, put it in a pressure machine and mold it with thousands of pounds of pressure, spin and sand and polish and paint it on high speed rotating machines... but having the grain go horizontally is "going to put stress on the wood" and raise the pitch? C'mon...
You would think there would be a video or something to prove this theory ...